二十四

Hello all! Welcome to the very last chapter of this book! It's crazy! I started writing this book during March of this year and five months later, here I am finishing it! Not gonna lie, I literally cried while writing this. This has been my little baby! So I'm not going to keep talking. But please PLEASE, read the chapter titled "Sequel"! It'll contain something that you all will be VERY interested in! Thank you for this journey.
-Veronica
-
Polnareff's vision was going in and out of focus as he tried to keep his eyes open. All he felt was pain as he tried to catch his breath. Even breathing in air felt painful as he coughed. He looked up towards the night sky as his mind raced with thoughts.

He recalled everything that happened within the last few hours, the deaths of Avdol, Iggy, Kakyoin, and now Y/n. Turning his head to the side where he saw her body crash into the building, he let a tear fall down his face.

Before long, that tear turned into light sobs. "I-I'm so sorry everyone. You all died and I wasn't there to help you all. I promised myself I would never let anyone I love die after I lost Sherry. But I was weak and I lost all of you.."

He waited, trying to get some sign of assurance that he didn't need to apologize, but it never came. He had to face the reality. His friends were dead.

For the past 50 days, he spent every second with them, growing close with them as he got to know them all individually. He got to know their flaws, their best traits, and even the little things they never noticed themselves.

After so many years, he felt as if he finally had family again.

But in an instant, it was ripped away by the claws of Dio and his followers. And suddenly, the scene of Avdol's hands laying on the floor came to him.

Avdol gave his life to save Polnareff. Twice.

What bothered him even more was that Iggy did the same. He used the last of the strength he had, and saved someone who he didn't even know. But did he?

Before his demise, Iggy found no purpose in interacting with humans unless if they gave him food. And he never really cared for them. But as he got to know the Crusaders, he felt more in place than he ever did when he was on the streets.

In his last moments, Iggy was thankful that he at least got to create some memories he'll always cherish, even in death.

The same could be said for Avdol. He was a man of great loyalty. Always being level headed and smart in tough situations. But he knew he would pass away some day.

He was willing to live his life to the fullest, living each day as if it were his last. He completely acknowledged the risks when it came to this trip.

Throughout most of his life, he kept to himself, being more mature than those around him. Due to that, he had a hard time making friends. But when he did make some, they'd eventually drift away, leaving him alone.

Though, that never pestered him. Getting older, Avdol felt himself grow lonely. After the passing of his parents, he bothered not to get close to anyone for all he wanted was to be alone.

He had no siblings, no wife, no children. He thought it was better that way for when his death would come, no one would feel upset and cry.