one

Heeyeon's POV

I held in my tears as I smiled at my parents. This is the first time i'm going to be all alone, for real. I used to think it's really cool and I can be all independent but when the time finally comes, I'm not ready at all.

I'm moving to Seoul to further my studies since i'm living in a small town in Korea, which means the diploma that I get isn't as recognised as the ones in Seoul.

My parents walked over to me as they held my hands tightly, " You must take care of yourself. " I nodded with tears welled up in my eyes.

" Come back to visit when you can. " My dad said as he held in his tears.

I was really worried about my parents because they aren't young anymore. I don't have any siblings either so I'm even more concerned.

I walked towards the car as I waved to my parents one last time before getting into the car. The moment I got in, I burst into tears.

I'm not from a well-off family so it took a long time and lots of hard work for my family and I to be able to earn enough money just to send me to a university in Seoul.

After a few hours drive, I finally saw tall buildings that resembles the ones in dramas. There's also so many really fashionable people. There's definitely a contrast between the people back at home and those in Seoul.

" We've arrived. Oh, and all the best for your studies okay! " The driver said as he gave me a fighting sign. I thanked him as I got off the car, dragging my luggage along with me.

I stared at the oh-so-huge building in front of me. I look really small in comparison to the buildings in front of me. Also, everyone here seem to look like fashionista while I just look like a country bumpkin.

I was really intrigued by the details on the buildings when I felt a nudge on my shoulder. " Hey, you're in the frame. " I turned around to see a really fashionable guy with a bucket hat.

" So you're not going to move? " I moved away and instantly, his face changed as he started snapping away. Are Seoul guys that vain?

I was minding my own business when he called out to me. " Hey bumpkin, are you good at taking pictures? " I nodded.

Not trying to brag but I'm a rather good photographer. I might not know all the camera parts and all the functions but the pictures look good.

I took some pictures and I showed it to him. His eyes lit up, " I got to say bumpkin, I'm surprised by your skills. I was waiting to be disappointed. " I rolled my eyes.

" Anyways, I'm Hyunjin. " He said as he stretched out his arm to give me a handshake. I simply smiled and he pulled his hand away.

" I'm Heeyeon. " He nodded.

He looked down at his phone, " So what are you majoring in? " I looked over at him. He noticed me staring at him as he looked up.

" Business. " His eyes widened as he mouthed same.

" We're going to be best friends. I can feel it. " He said with a smile and I simply walked away. Just like that, I guess I made my first friend.

I went to check out my dorm. Supposedly we're supposed to be sharing a dorm with two other people. "11-08. " I kept repeating to myself.

" This is it. " I pushed opened the door to see two girls in the room. One of them is checking herself out and the other is, I don't even know what she's doing.

" Are you the last person here? " One of them asked and I nodded. The two of them introduced themselves to me.

The one who's checking herself out is Sora and the one who's just simply doing nothing is Daehee. I smiled, " You can take the room at the far end. " I nodded.

The three of us gathered in the living room as we played some games to know each other better. When we decide to go to bed, we're all pretty comfortable with each other.

I also found out Sora major in Fashion while Daehee major in Psychology. The next day, I walked over to the business building.

I was pretty lost. Everyone seem to have friends except me. I'm not sure if it's just me, but everyone have the cool kids vibe except me.

I walked over to my lecture hall and sat on a random seat. " Can I sit here? Who am I kidding, I'm sitting here. " I looked up to see Hyunjin.

" What. Am I not allowed to? " I shook my head.

Throughout the lesson, I was doing my notes as quickly as I can while following the pace of the lecturer while Hyunjin was dozing off.

When lesson finally ended, he got up, wiping his drools. " Lesson ended fast today. " I rolled my eyes as I gathered all my materials.

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist. " Bumpkin, here's my number. What's your's? " He pushed a piece of paper to me with his number on it.

" You can keep it and I'm not gonna give you my number. " He stood up and blocked my way once again.

" Why not? I thought we're friends. " I shook my head and tried to push my way through once again but he blocked it.

Hyunjin sighed, as he murmured something. I looked at him with a confused face as he shook his head. He gave me a path to walk and I left the room.

I've decided to head over to the library to do more revision since it's quieter. There's almost no seats available, even if they are, people are reserving it for their friends.

I walked around the library a couple times but to no avail. Suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see a guy grinning.

" I'm leaving already, you can take my spot. " I smiled, thanking him. After that guy left, I spot a piece of post-it note on the table.

' My name is Seungmin, Kim Seungmin :) '

26th March 2020

Guys take care of yourselves!

thank you guys for actually commenting down what y'all want <3 i didn't expect to get so many replies :") love y'all!  i hope my fanfics are able to keep y'all entertain for abit during quarantine time!