fourteen

Heeyeon's POV

" H-Han? Who's Han? " I asked.

I'm so confused by everything. Who's Han? Why is Hyunjin saying that my best friend wasn't him but it was Han?

Hyunjin made me sit down as he spoke. " It's true that I was in Las Vegas but I was born there and never came back to Korea until recently. "

" Han is your best friend as a child, and he's my best friend too. Han told me to come back to Korea to look for you, I saw your SNS to find out that you're coming to this school so I came. " he said.

" Why don't Han come himself instead of asking you? " I asked and Hyunjin paused for a moment as he turned the other way.

He sighed, " Because Han didn't have the chance to. " I furrowed my brows as I stood up, forcing him to face me.

What does he mean by Han didn't have the chance to? There were so many thoughts in my head and i was in such confusion.

" H-Han died. " Hyunjin's voice quivered as tears started to well up in his eyes.

My hands slowly released Hyunjin's sleeves as tears welled up in my eyes. Even though I can't really remember Han but all the childhood memories will never be gone.

" Is that why all my letters came back? " He nodded.

" What happened? " I asked.

Hyunjin let out a sigh, " A few years back, Han and his family were going on a road trip when they had an accident and he was badly injured but he left after a week. His family couldn't stay in a place reminding them of him so they moved away, no one knows where. "

" Han actually told me to find you and fulfil all the things he told you he would. That was his last wish. " Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Life is so unexpected.

" He passed to me all the letter you wrote to him, asking me to read all of them and complete whatever he couldn't for you. That's how all the snacks and card came about. " He said.

Hyunjin began walking about when I held onto his sleeve, " Whatever that you wrote in the card, was it real? " He didn't turn to face me but he shook his head.

Within a day, I lost my best friend and my lover.

Hyunjin's POV

Heeyeon and I walked back into the hospital and I felt really bad telling her all of these about Han but she needed to know the truth.

That's what I promised Han.

Han and I were inseparable since young. When he first came, we instantly became friends and we went everywhere together, go to the same school for a few years.

When Han left, I was living in darkness for quite a while. I stepped out of the darkness because I needed to do what Han told me to do and that is to look for Heeyeon and complete what Han couldn't do for her.

I didn't expect myself to fall for Heeyeon.

Now, I have to head back to Las Vegas after completing what he wants me to do. I wasn't meant to stay for long.

Heeyeon doesn't know i'm leaving for Las Vegas in a few days, and she shouldn't know. Tomorrow is our break and that's when she's going back to her hometown and i'm leaving for Las Vegas.

When I got back to my dorm, I walked to my room and took out that very box.

" Han Jisung, I did what you told me to do. " Tears fell onto the letters, causing part of it to be soaked with my tears.

I put the box aside.

Minho, Changbin and Seungmin came in with a cake. " This is for you, a celebration for you before you leave. "

" Why didn't you tell us? You basket. " Minho said as tears welled up in his eyes.

Changbin sniffed and all of us turned towards him. The cold, emotionless Changbin actually shed tears for me. " What. Hyunjin's room is just dusty. I'm just allergic. " We laughed.

" Does Daehee and the rest know? " I shook my head. I told them not to tell the rest before I board the plane and they agreed.

We ate the cake together and we cried together.

Who says guys can't cry? That's how guys become really really good friends, we see the weakest side of each other.

I went back into my room to pick all my things into my luggage. I spotted a pile of notes that Heeyeon arranged for me.

A smile appeared on my face, " I now know why Han likes you so much. " I'm pretty sure Han knows that I would like her too, that's why he made me meet her instead of someone else.

The next day, everyone were leaving for their hometown and that includes me.

" Goodbye brothers. " Minho said as he gave all of us a hug as he teared up.

" Shut up Minho. It's not like we are never going to see each other again, maybe except Hyunjin. " They turned to look at me and I chuckled.

" Feel free to come visit me in Las Vegas and I'll give you guys a free tour. Only exclusive for you guys. " I winked and they all agreed.

Seungmin smiled, " I'm always curious why Changbin is always here when he have his own dorm. Why are you always in our dorm? "

" Because Changbin is love, Changbin is life. Without me here in your dorm, there's no positive energy. " We laughed.

" And also because my dorm mates sucks. " Changbin said.

Slowly, everyone left except me. I closed all the windows and turned off all the lights. I pushed my luggage out of the dorm, and took one last look around the dorm before closing the main door behind me.

I took a cab to the airport and memories started playing in my head. I came here to look for Heeyeon but throughout this time, i've met many precious people that I will never want to lose and i've learned many valuable lessons.

When I got to the airport, I checked in and waited in the departure hall. I wrote a long message for each of the guys as well as for Sora, Daehee and Heeyeon.

Just then, we were called to board the plane.

I felt a little sad to leave Korea but I promise to come back here soon.

For now, goodbye Korea. See you soon.

2nd April 2020

i'm at the edge of suing wattpad T ^ T i've re-written this chapter three times because it didn't save and I was about to publish it when I realised it's only 600 characters.

also, where are y'all from?