PROLOGUE

Hope Wintour walked along the hallways of La Seville University, exploring as much as she could, even its crooks and crannies. As a college freshman, excitement still coursed through her veins; a feeling she really wouldn't get all throughout her years as a college student. Astonishment and awe filled her as she took in the different infrastructures, the different buildings and areas, of the university; each one of them told a story that dates back to even the 1800s.

She took her time in her little adventure with an apparent skip to her step she couldn't quite stop. Towering trees surrounded La Seville, providing shade and allowing a breath of much fresher air. Hope, besides the giddiness, felt whimsical as she took in the beauty surrounding the university.

Hope would've continued venturing the whole of La Seville if it weren't for the music she heard playing. Soft, sweet, and melodic - every note played with grace and elegance. The melody magnified in volume with every step Hope took until she stopped in front of a room left ajar.

She sneaked a peek inside the room, staying as silent as possible. Her curiosity wouldn't let her rest; every part of her swayed to the melodic tunes until they were accompanied by a voice. A voice so mystifying and enchanting, she couldn't help but take a look inside the room.

Just a peek, don't want to bother him.

The sun shined down on the stranger playing the piano, acting as a spotlight to highlight the stranger's wistful magnificence. He played the piano with grace, stringing along every note to transform into a haunting melody as his voice resonated inside the room. Unfortunately, Hope saw merely the stranger's back but that was good enough.

Forgotten and ignored, time ticked away from seconds to minutes and yet, Hope stayed rooted in her place. Her eyes remained glued on to the stranger but her mind roamed elsewhere; the stranger's voice and the melody he created pulled Hope in and she couldn't escape.

🎶 

I am missing you

I'm missing you

Tell me you'll come back

smile at me once more

I wanna hold you close

and say I love you

I'm missing you

🎶 

The song ended with a note that reverberated not only within the room but within Hope's heart as well. It took a moment or two for Hope to come back to her senses and once she did, she hurried and hid behind the pillar nearby.

She heard the footsteps of the stranger leave the room and once they faded into the distance, she let out a relieved sigh.

Good thing I was fast or he could've caught me, he'd think of me as a creep if he did, Hope chuckled to herself. She could only let out a sigh after, she wanted to hear the song once more. The song, for a fact, was an original however, even if it wasn't, Hope knew she only wanted to hear the song played by the stranger who walked away.

As time passed, the haunting melody became a haunting memory that would forever resonate in her heart.