CHAPTER 14: We're a Match!

Hope did not like traffic. Not one bit. Especially when she had an appointment or something important scheduled and traffic decides to enter the scene like a diva.

Hope's older brother, Max, knew well of that fact, moreso when it's so early in the morning. Yet, as Max drove Hope going to the airport, he noticed a blinding smile plastered on her face which was... very unlike her in the midst of traffic.

"Hope..."

The woman in question snapped out of her thoughts to face her brother, "Kuya?"

"Ang saya mo ah, what's up?" Max asked before glancing at Hope with narrowed eyes, "You have a boyfriend na ba?"

Hope shook her head with a scoff, "No kuya, I don't have a boyfriend."

Max believed his sister but he had an inkling that she liked someone who she'd be going to Boracay with, "Act responsibly in Boracay, okay? We won't be there so behave yourself."

Hope playfully rolled her eyes and nodded her head as a reply to Max. After a few more minutes, they arrived at the airport.

Hope said her goodbyes to her brother and Max drove away after making sure his sister had everything she needed. Hope checked the time - 5:14 am, she had enough time to grab breakfast before their 7:15 am flight.

After going through all the security checks and procedures in the airport, Hope met up with the people from the construction team at the terminal gate. There were a total of 15 people present already, that included Hope.

Hope greeted everyone with a 'good morning' and all of them greeted back with excitement.

Soon, everyone arrived and all were ready to board the plane... except someone was missing. Evan hadn't arrived yet which raised Hope's concern.

"Evan's not here yet?"

Merille answered Hope's question, "He's here, he texted me just now. He's on his way here."

They text?  Hope felt a pang in her chest.

Evan arrived a few seconds later and they were finally complete. The late comer took a seat an arm's width away from Hope which left a space in between them.

Hope noticed the gap and was about to close the distance when Merille decided to squeeze in between to talk to Evan.

Hope felt left out the moment Merille and Evan began to talk so animatedly, it was as though her presence wasn't even there.

She looked away from the two and glanced at her shoes. Her shoulders slumped as she let out a sigh and then her eyes zeroed in on a shop selling juice.

Hope stood up faster than a bolt of lightning, making Evan and Merille turn to her in surprise. Hope didn't glance their way though, she didn't even know she surprised them. She quickly made her way to the juice shop to grab a drink.

The line wasn't long but, nonetheless, Hope had to wait in line for a minute or so. She was looking at her phone as she waited for her turn when somebody tapped her shoulder from behind her.

Hope turned around, her heart hoping that the person was Evan. Disappointment washed over her when she saw the person.

"Good morning, Ms. Wintour."

Kai Gonzales.

Hope shrugged off the disappointment deep inside and gave Kai a smile, "Hey! Don't be so formal, call me Hope."

Kai grinned, showing Hope his pearly white teeth and his cute dimple and... damn that jawline. Did he ever consider being a commercial model? His figure, his face, his posture... Now that Hope had the chance to observe him up close, she saw how truly handsome Kai was.