CHAPTER 10: Wait... What Party?

Days passed by and the girls were hanging out at Hope's apartment, they were talking about a lot of things. Their conversations went like this: Adrian & Rose, politics, Blue Moon, make-up, photoshoots, food, career, travel destination, their futures, and then it went back to Adrian & Rose.

"Why do you keep mentioning us, stop it, guys!" Rose exclaimed in exasperation, her hand coming up to touch her forehead.

"Why, you guys are together, right?" Ava asked, dragging the word 'right' for emphasis.

"Yeah, are you guys together na? Like, boyfriend-girlfriend, ganon?" Liza asked which caught everyone's attention yet again.

"You never told us," Carina hummed, her eyebrows raised as she raised her eyes to Rose.

"We were left wondering in the dark, you know," Elyse added in.

"Wow, wondering in the dark, nice one El," Hope teased which evoked laughter from everyone.

"So, what are you guys nga ba?" Hope continued, her attention on Rose as she took a sip of her drink.

"And here I was thinking you guys would let the topic go," Rose sighed in defeat, she shook her head and had a slight pout.

"You know us, Rose, we'll never let a topic go," Ava teased before nudging Rose to get her to talk.

"Okay, fine."

Rose gave up to which all the girls responded with collective cheers.

"So...?" Liza trailed off, urging Rose to continue.

"We're together..." Rose began, her eyes roaming around as she did so.

Everyone let out squeals except Carina who added, "...but?"

"But we made a deal to not tell anyone yet, we'll make it official at the party later."

The statement evoked squeals from everyone before it stopped as Rose's words began to sink in.

"Wait, what party?" Elyse questioned, her face scrunched up in complete and utter confusion.

"Yeah, what party?"

"You didn't mention any party."

"It's Adrian's party, it's his birthday today," Rose answered to clear everyone of their confusion.

"We'll all attend, it's a must," Ava chimed, receiving a chorus of 'yeah' from the rest.

"None of you are invited, though. Only Hope is, she's the only one Adrian knows."

As if rehearsed, the girls' eyes travelled towards Hope in question.

"...What?" Hope asked her friends when their eyes didn't leave her after more than five seconds or so.

"Why didn't you tell us that Adrian's throwing a party?" Elyse questioned, her eyes narrowed.

"Well, it wasn't my place to tell."

"So, did you know that they were together?" Ava asked next, her eyes observing Hope, analyzing the meaning of each of her movements.

"I had a hunch but I never confirmed, I also just knew now, don't get mad at me!" Hope threw her hands up as though to back the girls away from her.

Everyone had their eyes narrowed at Hope except Rose, of course.

"Why don't you just tell Adrian that we'll go with our friends?" Hope suggested.

"Okay, fine," Rose gave in, "it's a perfect opportunity for you guys to meet him too, anyway."

Everybody agreed and Rose called Adrian.

Adrian agreed as well and, in his words, "The more, the merrier."