CHAPTER 9: Let's Create Memories

Hope woke up with bliss, her mind replaying the dream she had the night before about the events of yesterday.

She glanced at her bedside table, her eyes travelling towards the alarm displaying the time: 10:14 am.

She didn't mind, it was a Sunday after all.

She began doing her usual routine every morning. She made her bed, had a shower, made breakfast but she stopped midway of cooking.

Was she forgetting anyth–

I am going to meet Evan today!

Her eyes widened as she remembered what she said to him yesterday and, once again, a surge of giddiness came over her.

Why am I so giddy? It's not like I like him, I'm just showing him something he hasn't ever experienced before, thoughts like these denials swarmed inside her head, and she had enough of it.

She finished her usual routine to get rid of such thoughts, she took a bath after eating breakfast and dressed herself up.

She chose to wear a white sleeveless top with black shorts, partnered with black rubber shoes. Hope planned to take Evan to an open field today and so she dressed accordingly.

She tied her hair back neatly in a ponytail and wore lip tint. She brought the same bag as yesterday, and it was still filled with daily necessities. She finished preparing herself at 11:00am.

The familiar butterflies in her stomach ensued again as she dialed Evan's number to remind him of their agreement. The phone began to ring.

She waited.

Ring... ring...

The phone continued to ring... The first ring passed then the second, the third, until it reached the eighth ring.

Hope felt herself let out a sigh of disappointment, her face falling, her eyes downcast.

She made the move to end the call when someone finally picked up.

"Hello?" Evan's groggy voice greeted, he didn't check the caller ID. He rubbed his eyes with his other hand and stretched out his arms.

"Hey Evan! Did I wake you up?"

As soon as Evan recognized Hope's voice, his eyes became aware of his surroundings, "Huh, no, you didn't wake me up. Why'd you call so early, though?"

Lies, Hope shook her head and felt a smile tug at her lips

"We're meeting today, remember?" Hope reminded, her eyes glancing up at the ceiling as she imagined Evan's face.

Silence reigned.

That was legit? Evan whispered to himself.

"What? You thought that I was joking?" Hope chuckled to break off the silence.

"Uhhhh," Evan drawled out as he contemplated on what to say. His fingers combed through his hair as he thought.

I don't think this is a good idea...

"... About that," Evan began, "I'm actually not available today, I have pla-"

"Don't make up excuses, Evan. I know that you don't have any plans today, and I wouldn't take no for an answer." Hope cut off and Evan swore he could hear the teasing smile in her voice.

What's wrong with one meet up then? He sighed to himself at the thought.

"I'll take that sigh as a yes, then! Meet me at Daffodillery, 12 noon."