CHAPTER 13: Gwapo, I Approve

The construction of the gallery was finished after a week and so Hope gathered everyone on the site to announce something.

"Great job, guys! After two months of hard work, we're done! Congratulations and thank you to all of you." Hope rejoiced as well as all the people who worked hard in creating the gallery who erupted in cheers.

"We'll have the opening tomorrow, followed by an after party. I'll have a little announcement too so all of you should be there, okay? Wear your formal clothes, I hope to see everyone there."

There was a collective cheer of "okay, ma'am" before everyone returned to polish everything up and add finishing touches.

Everyone except Evan that is.

"Congratulations to you too, Ms. Hope. I've seen how hard you've worked for the past months." Evan greeted with a grin.

"Thank you, Evan," Hope grinned back.

"What will you announce tomorrow?"

"You," Hope shook her head helplessly, "You can't stand being in the dark ba?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you like knowing things. You ask a lot of questions when you don't know something, that's what I've learned about you."

Evan froze at Hope's words.

"Don't think that I've given up, Evan, I haven't." Hope stated with confidence evident even in her stance.

"I know, Hope," his eyes did not reveal any emotion as he gave Hope a curt nod and walked away to check on his team.

Why did I have to bring that up?

Hope released a long sigh to release any tension and continued to do her work. There were last minute preparations for her to make for tomorrow's opening.

As Hope took a step back to observe the gallery, her phone started to ring. She checked the caller I.D. before answering the call with enthusiasm.

"How are you, Hope? How's everything over there?" Hope's mom, Dellany, asked through the phone.

"I'm good, mom, a little stressed but all is good. As for the gallery, it's almost done, we're just polishing things up here."

"That's good, honey. What time is the event tomorrow?"

"5 pm, you and dad should be there, okay?" Hope reminded her mom with utmost seriousness in her tone, "You two have to deliver the opening speech."

"Yes, honey, don't worry. We'll be there, this is our hotel after all." Dellany laughed, making Hope chuckle along with her too.

"How's the construction team, by the way? I heard that the engineer helped you find paintings, is that true?"

"Yeah, the team's great. Hunt Corporation's employees are competent, that's for sure. They've done an excellent job, everything's beautiful here mom, I can't wait for you and dad to see."

"That's good, you rambled about the team, but you still didn't say anything about the engineer." Dellany chuckled, sensing that her daughter wanted to change the topic. She wouldn't let that happen though.

"Well," Hope paused, "yeah, he's good. He helped me find artworks so... yeah."

"Oh really? I want to thank him tomorrow."

"You don't need to mom, I've already done that."

"I see that you guys are close?" Dellany pointed out rather than question.

"He's a friend, mom."