CHAPTER 8: Missing You

Moments passed and they were already in the Ferris wheel, there could only be two for every pod, so they decided to have the same set-up as their ride in the roller coaster a while ago.

As they entered the pod, silence ensued. It wasn't awkward, surprisingly for both of them, it was rather comfortable.

Hope didn't want to waste this moment just by being silent, she had a mission after all. A mission she wanted to achieve and conquer.

"So, why don't you have a girlfriend?"

Evan froze, his whole face tensing up. He clenched his jaw, leaned back, and cast his eyes downwards. He didn't want to answer that question, he didn't want to remember anything.

Hope noticed his discomfort, she knew then and there that she hit a sore spot, so she changed her course of action, "It's okay, you don't have to answer naman. Next question then, how did Blue Moon start?"

Evan smiled at the memory, "We were all school mates in our high school days. That's how we started. We just met each other, decided to do music together, and here we are right now, 7 years later, still together." 

Hope noticed how his eyes would sparkle when he talked about his band mates. That sparkle, it's what she liked about him.

Evan noticed Hope smiling at him and he asked, "What? Am I being too cheesy?"

Hope laughed, "No, in any case, you're showing something real, for the first time I met you."

The two of them just stared at each other, for a moment, caught up in the trance because of Hope's last comment.

"Do you have any originals?" Hope broke the trance, noticing that they were staring at each other for too long.

"Yeah, our first original is Missing You." Evan answered, glancing out of their pod and admiring the view of greenery outside.

"Missing You? How does it sound, can I hear?" Hope questioned, intrigued and excited about the newfound information.

It took a little bit of convincing but Evan agreed after a few dragged out "please" from Hope.

My heart is aching,
My soul is searching,
For the one that walked away
And all that I can say is

I am missing you
I'm missing you
Tell me you'll come back
smile at me once more
I wanna hold you close
and say I love you
I'm missing you

Hope felt it again, the surge of familiarity. The way he sang, his voice, the song... they all screamed familiar.

He can't be the stranger from college, right?

"Why are you staring at me weirdly? Sorry, the song's really cringey-" Evan began to explain only to get cut off,

"I like it," Hope beamed with sincerity, her eyes staring straight into Evan's.

At that moment, Evan felt as though Hope could see his soul. He felt vulnerable, he didn't want Hope to look at him that way. He averted his gaze and cleared his throat.

He wanted to say something, to tell Hope she should stop, but as he opened his mouth to speak, their pod neared the ground and it was time to get off.

"Guess the ride's over," Hope commented as she slowly got up and exited the pod with Evan following right after her.

They went out and tried to look for their friends but they were nowhere to be found.

The two tried calling their respective friends but it was futile, no one answered.