EPILOGUE

Some memories are forgotten, it's the harsh reality people face. Humans create so many memories, they experience a whirlwind of emotions and they think they will never forget them. As they experience the moment, they think their minds will forever treasure the memory.

That, however, isn't the case.

Even the most memorable moments will one day be forgotten. The mind, in the end, might choose to forget.

At the end of the day, the lessons learned from every experience is what matters the most.

Memories fade and the mind forgets but, the heart? The heart keeps within its embrace the lessons brought by the memories that have faded away like dust.

Some memories really do disappear but others, they take time. No matter how much a person wants a certain memory to disappear, it stays engraved in their mind and their heart.

That's exactly what happened to Hope. She tried to forget, but she never really did. All the memories were locked in her mind but her heart still remembers every single feeling.

This time though, she's learned from her memories of the past. All the good moments, the sad ones, everything. She's learned not only from the joy of every experience, but also from the pain.

She earned a lot, even from her memories with Evan. Their memories from when the sun shined down on them with a smile and... their memories of the moon.

She learned how to love herself.

She felt like a better version of her- No, she was now a better version of herself.

Hope decided to come back to where her home really was, after 3 years. She came back because to start a new chapter of her life, a new phase, a new beginning.

Hope booked a flight back to the Philippines and when she arrived, her smile widened when she saw who came to pick her up.

"Kai!" Hope called out as she rushed towards him, "I missed you!"

Kai chuckled as he welcomed her in his embrace.

He gently kissed Hope's forehead, "I missed you too, Hope."

Hope let go of Kai as she observed his face with squinted eyes, "Is it just me or are you more handsome than before? Maybe it's because I only saw your face through video calls, yeah. Maybe that's why."

"Of course, I'm more handsome in person," Kai joked as he wrapped his arms around her again for another hug.

"How's New Zealand? By the way, you should call your family now, let them know you're already here in the Philippines. They're upset that they didn't get to pick you up." Kai informed Hope as they walked towards his car.

"Well, I'm sure it's okay for my mom, you're the one who picked me up after all."

As soon as the pair left the airport, Hope called her parents, "Hope! Are you already here in the Philippines?"

"Yes, mom! I missed you all!"

"We missed you too, honey."

"I sense a 'but' coming up..."

Dellany sighed, "We're so sorry, hon. Your dad had an emergency meeting here in Palawan but we'll be back tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay mom, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you!"

"Love you too! Oh, by the way, your old apartment is all cleaned up. You can rest up with no worries, okay?"

"Okay, mom! Thanks, you're the best!"