CHAPTER 11: Goodbye Then, Rest

Three months passed without communication between Hope and Evan ever since that day on the rooftop. Hope would only hear news about him from time to time from Rose and that's it.

Her thoughts wouldn't let her be for the past months, memories of the night at the roof deck continued to plague her.

"Let me in, Evan, let me help."

Her words echoed in her mind as though the event was on repeat and rewind. She groaned aloud, burying her head atop the numerous files on her table.

Why the hell did I say that, I'm so dumb sometimes. Ugh, Hope you're hopeless.

She lightly slapped her cheek to get herself back in the game of preparing for another project in the hotel. Their branch in Manila had an upcoming project wherein one of their ballrooms would be renovated and transformed into a gallery.

Files upon files and piles of paperwork greeted Hope the moment she arrived at her office this morning and now she dealt with the project head on.

She was the person overseeing the project so she had to look for a team that would lead the reconstruction. She requested her staff to look into construction companies they could hire, a company that could finish fast with quality. Hope and her employees would hold a meeting later on to decide.

Her office phone rang, "Good afternoon, Ma'am. We'll be having our meeting in 10 minutes."

"Alright, Clarisse, thank you for the reminder," Hope told her secretary before ending the call.

She headed down to the meeting hall, greeting other employees as she did. Once she entered the room, she nodded a greeting to everyone, sat down at the end of the long table, and signalled the meeting to start.

"What are the updates regarding construction companies?" Hope inquired as she leafed through the files her secretary handed over to her.

Clarisse answered, "We have five companies lined up for you to look at."

"Describe each of them, please."

"I gave each of the companies a copy of our plan for the gallery, all of them gave their corresponding price for the reconstruction," Hope's secretary replied as she passed the other files from the companies.

"Gorilla Build, Jackhammer Studios, Hunt Corporation, Rhino Construction, and TMT Inc. are the most reliable companies in the Philippines. They all have quality construction in any time frame given, they only differ in price."

Hope scanned every one of the files given to her, taking note of the prices set by each company as well as her staff's research regarding the work of each one.

Her eyes stopped on a file, wondering whether her suspicions were true.

"Who owns Hunt Corporation?" Hope wondered aloud, her eyes looking up from the files to stare at her secretary, "Do you know?"

"Daniel Hunter, ma'am."

It's his?

"They also offer the cheapest price, ma'am. You might want to take them into consideration." an employee's voice snapped Hope out of reverie.

Hope looked through the file again, going through every detail before deciding, "Provide Hunt Corporation the downpayment by today, we'll go with them."

"Yes ma'am, ₱100,000 will be deposited to them right away."

"Set a meeting with them within the week and please pencil that into my schedule, Clarisse. Any complaints?" Hope asked, looking at everyone in the room.