CHAPTER 17: Give Me A Chance

"Hope!" Rose's voice boomed through the cell phone, making Hope jump out of her slumber.

"What?" Hope grumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

She felt tired, drained even. The past few days took a toll on her, stressing her out... It didn't help that her mind kept reminding her of Evan.

"Get your ass up, we're going out! You need new sceneries."

"When and where, Rose?"

"Daffodillery, at 3 in the afternoon."

"Can I say no?" she questioned although she knew it was futile.

"No! You have to go, get your ass out of your office and house, Hope!"

"Okay fine, what day is it today anyway?"

"You've lost sense of time now, huh? Today's Saturday! And it's 9am."

Saturday, Hope thought, saturday... Then she remembered something.

"Okay, I can go, but can Kai fetch me afterwards? I promised him dinner today."

"Okay... " Rose paused, "Wait! Kai? As in the Kai from Boracay? Architect Gonzales?"

"Yeah, I promised him dinner."

"Wow, you're having a date with him? You moved on so fast, ha!" Hope could hear her friend's teasing voice through the line.

"It's just a friendly date, Rose. I promised to treat him a meal because he helped me back in Bora, remember?"

"Since you have a friendly date, you'll forgive me, okay?"

"Forgive you for what?"

"Nothing! So, Daffodillery at 3pm. Okay? Okay!" Rose hung up right after, not waiting for a reply.

What the hell?

She got ready for the day, deciding to wear a nude silk cowl neck sleeveless blouse paired with white high-rise jeans and nude mule heels. She accessorized herself, her attire was fit for the office and her dinner with Kai later tonight.

Hope felt good when she looked at the mirror, she felt pretty... and fresh. For a moment.

She took a cab to work since Kai insisted on fetching Hope for tonight, wherever she was.

Buried in files and paperwork once again, Hope busied herself in her office until her phone vibrated with a text message a few hours later.

'Tonight's still on, right?' - Kai

'Of course, I don't break my promises but...' she replied and bit her lip in thought.

'But?'

'You'll have to fetch me from Daffodillery instead of the hotel.'

'Sure, that's not a problem at all. See you, Hope :)'

'Okay, see you later! :)'

Hope glanced at the clock, her eyes widening when it read '2:38 pm'. Time passed by so fast today, she didn't even notice.

Packing up all her things, she left her office and bid her goodbyes to her secretary, "Clarisse, I'll take my leave. Call me if things come up or if there's an emergency, okay?"

"Okay, ma'am," Clarisse smiled, she was glad that her boss looked a little more bright today.

Hope took Grab to get to the cafe and when she arrived, she was already a few... Okay, more than a few minutes late.

She entered the cafe, trying to spot where Rose was. Her eyes roamed around for a second until she found Rose seated with Adrian and -

Butterflies resurfaced, flapping around so much in Hope's stomach. She didn't want to see him, she'd been trying to forget him for the past few days! Then... this?