Chapter 2

'Ah, fuck Green! That was my foot.'

'It was in my way.' I smirked at Eric's face.

'Yeah right. Oh and your top is inside out stupid.'

Looking in his mirror I realised he was right, damn. 'I meant to do that.' Yanking the black tee shirt over my head I turned it the right way and put it back on. 'Better?'

'Much,' He nodded, 'My dad wants to know if you're staying for dinner?'

'Why does he always ask? I stay over every weekend.'

'No idea, I'll text him okay?'

'Ohh! Ask him if he doesn't mind making mince lasagne?'

Eric rolled his eyes, 'How are you not sick of that stuff!? You make my dad cook it at least three times a month.'

'Come on your dad's an amazing cook.' Eric's dad actually owns and runs his own restaurant.

'Yeah yeah, I know, you worship the ground he cooks on.'

I punched Eric's arm and laughed as he winced.

'Damn woman, nice right hook.'

'You taught me. Hey, how many days till school starts up again?'

'Four days, for the hundredth time.'

'I don't wanna gooooo.' I moaned. 'My sister's starting at our high school this year.'

'Too bad, I get to play some rugby again.'

Eric's the main blocker for our high school's rugby team and he absolutely loves the game, I have no idea why since his only job is to ram into people. Eric's one of the popular guys at Dalton Academy, he's a huge player, Rugby star and one of the most charismatic guys I know. At school he's Mr Big Shot Popularity but when it's just the two of us he's a normal, messy, geeky teenage boy.

I'm the opposite of him, I'm not one of the popular girls. I'm a tomboy, I'm weird and I love peanut butter. I'm part of the debate club, read all day and I think the cheerleaders are stupid stuck up Barbie dolls in stripper clothes with bad hair and too much lipstick.

To give Eric some credit he's never treated me as an outsider at school, I'm not bullied but that doesn't mean I'm liked by everyone. Eric has always stood up for me, in nursery school we pushed each other on the swings, in third grade when a boy teased me about my braces Eric pushed him down the stairs, in eighth grade a boy I dated told the whole school I'd put out when I didn't so Eric and the rest of the rugby team scared him into confessing nothing happened. I've always backed him up on everything because he does the same for me.

Eric's parents moved in next door to me when he was two years old, I was only just approaching my first birthday. His mom and dad brought him to my first birthday party, he threw cake at me and we were best friends ever since.

Eric's dad came home around six, still in his chef's coat and hat. He came up to Eric's room knowing we'd both be in there or the old tree house.

'Hey, what're you guys up to?' He asked cheerfully.

'She's torturing me, dad!'

His father just laughed at him.

'We went shopping today for some new clothes for school, we're just trying on a few things.'

'Great, how many of Eric's shirts have you pinched.' He asked good naturedly.

I end up wearing a lot of Eric's shirts since they're really comfy and actually look sorta good if I put a small knot at the bottom to tighten them a little.