Chapter 30

I paced Tristan’s room with an annoyed expression, it’s taking so  long. Tristan’s still sitting on the bed watching me pace, he gave up trying to stop me over an hour ago.

He keeps moving his head like he’s watching a tennis match.

‘Why’s it taking so long!?’ I finally stopped and ranted.

‘Connor and dad are probably arguing.’ He shrugged.

‘Huh?’

‘Happens every time, Eric’s probably just watching them hash it out.’

I rolled my eyes and flopped down on the bed, flat on my back. It’s been a month since Tristan’s dad got back and he’s been avoiding meeting with Eric or Alpha Eric as he keeps calling himself much to my dismay.

Right now Eric, Connor and his dad are in one of the spare rooms trying to create a treaty. It’s killing me that I don’t get to listen in, Evangeline caught Tristan and I eaves dropping. She sent us to our room.

I heard a door open and slam, ‘It’s them! Let’s go.’ I grabbed his hand and dragged him after me. I think Tristan may have run into a wall.

I spotted Eric talking to Connor so I charged at him, ‘What happened! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!’

‘It’s good!’ He shouted right back at me, used to my random outbursts. ‘We have a peace treaty, no one form either pack can attack or detain a wolf from the other pack.’

‘Yay!’ I pulled him into a tight hug. Then I hugged Connor and even his dad. Lastly I hugged Tristan because any excuse to hug him is a good excuse.

‘Woah, sugar rush much?’ Tris joked.

I spotted Niall and Amber kissing in the hall way so I ran up to them and poked Niall’s cheek repeatedly until he turned and bit my poor finger.

‘Owie!’

‘You deserve it.’ Amber said.

‘Whatever, Mr and Mrs PDA.’

I grinned and strolled back to Eric, ‘Going back to the pack house?’

‘Yeah.’

‘Mind if I catch a ride, I want to see Britt.’

‘You’ll see your mom and step-dad too.’

‘Screw ‘em.’ I shrugged.

Tristan answered from behind me, ‘She’s going to avoid them like the plague, aren’t you?’

‘Damn straight.’

The boys laughed at me as we headed outside to Eric’s car, I only noticed that Tristan was in the car when we were nearly to the Blair pack house.

‘You weren’t supposed to come!’ I said suddenly.

‘You only noticed I’m in the car now?’

‘Well… yeah but that’s not the point. Why’re you coming to the Blair pack house with us?’

‘I’m curious. You practically grew up there so I want to see it.’

I rolled my eyes as Eric parked the car, ‘Come on you two. Stop arguing maybe?’

‘We’re not arguing.’ I argued.

The boys both let out a groan and got out of the car so I had to follow them, Eric headed over to the pack house giving me a mock salute.

‘Come on.’ I grabbed Tristan’s hand and led him down the street knowing he’d follow me any way.