Chapter 13

The next morning Evangeline, Tristan’s mother, woke me up with breakfast. She still smelt odd to me, just like the entire house did but I guess that’s the blood wolves.

‘Thanks for the breakfast but you really didn’t have to.’

She smiled, ‘I didn’t know if you’d be comfortable eating downstairs with everyone else, most of the pack’s here and we don’t really eat what you’d call normal food.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘Some members of the pack only eat raw meat because their biology is more influenced by the so called vampire side.’ She guessed I'd be grossed out by abunch of people eating raw meat.

‘Oh, is Tristan-‘

‘No, no, he eats normal food as well as blood.’

‘Do you have to have blood?’

She smiled sadly, ‘Unfortunately yes but we consume very little and we don’t kill for it. There are blood banks and animals although fresh human blood is preferable.’

‘Wait, the pack? Why are the pack here?’

‘Honey, this is the alpha’s house or pack house if you prefer.  The pack members come and go all the time, they feel safe and comfortable here.’

‘Right so… You said this is your house, you’re the Alpha’s wife.’

‘Luna.’ She interrupted.

‘Okay, but that makes Tristan the alpha’s son.’

She chuckled, ‘Yes hon, now finish your breakfast, there’s some clothing in the chest.’ She pointed to an ornate chest in front of the bed, ‘Help yourself.’

She left the room as I ate my pancakes.

If Tristan’s dad is the blood wolves’ alpha that means one day he’ll be the alpha of this pack, Eric said that his dad is the alpha of my pack. That means he’ll be the next alpha, so they’ll be enemies, they already hate each other but then they’ll have entire packs at their disposal.

I opened the chest to find woman’s clothing, they smelt like a wolf had worn them but not for a long time, why keep a chest of teenage girl’s clothing?

I yanked on a pair of dark blue bellbottom jeans and a black tank top with my own shoes making sure my clothing was folded on the bed where I could find it. Well, better find Tristan, he’s probably in his room.

He wasn’t in his damn bedroom.

I quietly made my way down stairs to the living room where a bunch of teenage boys were playing video games, they didn’t even notice me until I cleared my throat.  Their heads snapped up and some of them sniffed the air.

A cute blonde boy scrunched his eyebrows, ‘You’re a normal wolf? What’re you doing in here?’

‘Yeah, I’m a normal wolf, I think. I’m looking for Tristan.’

He got up and I noticed some of the other boys glared at me, ‘Come on, I know where Tristan is.’

‘Thanks.’

He led me through the big house and I wondered if I should be trusting him but I guess I can just bring back my claws if he tries something. We exited the house through the back door and I realised the back door led to a open area which bordered on the forest.  I guess if they’re changing into wolves then the forest is a nice place to hide.

‘So what’s your name?’ He asked with a huge grin.

‘Everyone calls me Green, what about you?’