Chapter 16

I knew I’d have to go back home sooner or later but I didn’t expect it to feel this bad, this lonely. I’m sitting in my room alone, I snuck in because I just really didn’t want to talk to my mom or Robert. Not even Britt, I still don’t know how I’m going to explain why I wasn’t at school, she’ll want to know but I haven’t got the answers.

That’s not the worst thing though. The worst thing is that I have to tell my mother that the Alpha of the blood wolves killed my dad. How do I do that? How do I tell my mother that? I know she’s moved on and married Robert but she loved him once upon a time.

I need to get it over with, I need to tell her now or I’ll lose my confidence.

I found my mom in her room, luckily Robert wasn’t in there with her. She looked surprised when I walked in I could see the worry around her eyes though.

‘Hey, I missed you, I was worried when you didn’t come back.’

‘Sorry, I was over at Tristan’s place, lost track of time.’

‘I don’t like you going there, his father’s the Alpha. I don’t want him to hurt you.’

‘His dad isn’t even there and the Luna was really nice to me.’

She suddenly stood up, a look of horror on her face as she rushed over to me and pulled on the collar of my pajamas. ‘Is that- is that a bite?’

Oh crap.

‘It was an accident, he didn’t mean to bite so deep.’

‘You let a blood wolf bite you!?’

‘It just sort of happened, Tristan was kissing me and it just.. happened.’

‘I told you they can’t be tru- You were kissing the Alpha’s son?’

‘Yeah but forget about that okay? I wanted to tell you something.’

She simply nodded.

‘It’s about dad.’

I watched my mother’s eyes fill with pain but she didn’t say anything. I think she didn’t know what to say.

‘One of the wolves told me that he was friends with the Alpha, he told me that when dad ran off with our Luna it made him mad and he-‘

She cut me off, ‘The Alpha of the blood wolves killed him.’

‘You- you knew? Why didn’t you tell me?’

‘How could I? How could I explain it to you?’

‘I guess. You never did anything about it though? Never tried to get revenge, not that you should I just-‘

‘I know. I didn’t tell the pack because I didn’t want to start a war, you were just a little girl and I could put you in that danger. I stayed away from them though, sometimes a wolf will go into a rage and just attack. It’s an uncontrollable haze of anger.’

I smiled, ‘When I found out about dad I attacked Tristan, he said it was a rage or something.’

‘You attacked a blood wolf?’ She looked shocked and then grinned, ‘I’m proud of you Green.’

‘Thanks, he, uh, said it happens to new wolves a lot.’

‘It’s almost like a second puberty.’ I groaned at that, ‘Don’t worry it lasts a few weeks. It’ll be over soon.’

‘Oh lucky me.’ I muttered.