Prologue.

It's so cold.

Please, help me..

Where did the heat go..

Where did it go.

Come back.

The odd entity scrambled around the floor, frantically searching for something.

Unable to stand properly, they propped themselves up on one elbow as they reached up on a table, pulling the drawer out with a creak, dust falling out and the table threatening to fall apart.

They pulled out a lighter, quickly trying to light it. After a few clicks, it lit.

The bright little flame shed some light on the character that started it, and they felt so refreshed and almost aroused by the flame, as though they had been reborn. They saw their face in their reflection in a puddle of blood that smudged due to their movement.

Horribly singed, crimson hair, rigid and uneven. Black as coal, close to drying but still a burnt liquid sludge of what used to be a beautiful pair of eyes remained in their sockets. Literal orbs of gold glow in the midst of it, brought to life along with their love for fire, simulating pupils. Their skin is covered in ash and deathly pale, blood trickling out of numerous wounds.

The entity's clothes were torn and burnt too, but not too horribly that they wouldn't be able to go outside. Their leg, however was broken right in half, the remnants of their knee found between the unattached calf and thigh of a completely burnt body, pitch black and pieces flaking off.

The entity raised the flame over the body, getting a closer look.

We should probably find out their name now, huh?

They gasp as they remember who they were. She is ALEX FOX, and one thing you should know about her is that she is already dead.

Alex tries to stand up on both feet, to no avail as the only thing holding her right leg together was a few strings of muscle that didn't get cut when she was being amputated.

She instead pulls herself up with the table, then leans on it as she stands on her left leg instead.

It's a bit hard since she for some reason felt numb all over like her blood was stuffy, and she slips. It's here she realizes she can float.

As she floats around town, more memories flooding back into her mind starting from when she was a child and ending with the very moment she died.

She felt the first emotion she had ever felt in a while; fury.

She floated over to the police station her uncle worked in.

"Sir, please listen! This camera has video proof the entire event. If you would look here, the girl-"

"DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK?! I REFUSE TO SEND MY OWN DAUGHTER TO JAIL!"

"But sir please listen, what about the case-"

"No, you listen to me," The Chief of the Washington D.C Police force walked closer to the younger policeman threateningly, towering over him.

"If any of you even THINK about arresting MY daughter, I will have your badges and ruin your clean criminal records. GOT IT?"

The younger and lower levelled police men nodded in fear, some hesitated. The chief walked over to that one young man who refused to answer and held his ground. "Understand?"