Chapter 12: The Sports Festival | Friends

Alex jumped up and down mid air in glee each time one of her loved ones was called. Next up was Vurrine, and thank God she remembered to bring her umbrella. Her only fear was that the others would think 'hey why is she doing the same thing Alex used to what' and stuff, so she just balanced it so it covered Shoto instead.

Alex watched as Vurrine's backside was no longer visible due to the wall of water that towered over the stadium. She had it all pour down on her opponent all at once while she had a couple liters float her up so she didn't get too wet [ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) no homo tho ]. Her opponent was of course pushed out of bounds, signifying Vurrine's win.

(A/N: okay, so I was editing this and I can't ignore the fact that I've legitimately become gay for Vurrine)

Alex looked behind her at Shoto to see him in slight shock as everyone else was soaking wet from all the water while he was snug and dry under the umbrella. Judging by his expression, he was so deep in thought he didn't notice the umbrella until a loud splash was heard and a loud thump came from the umbrella where the water hit it. Alex laughed before she looked back at the fight zone or whatever it's called.

Axel, Shoto, and Charlotte all had their turns, and next thing Alex knew it was Xiomar's turn. She was quite worried, especially after what happened last week.

She ate her words as she watched Xiomar lift Kagami into the air without moving, his eyes glowing slightly.

----

XIOMAR WOLF stood on the large platform across Kagami, who he was now forcing up into the air with his quirk, muttering a quick sorry.

Kagami squirmed as her pupils were in a mirror-like state again. Xiomar held her tightly in the air by compressing the air around her enough to make it into an invisible solid. He wheezed slightly as his eyes went in and out of focus. He shook himself back into the game and started pushing Kagami gently out of bounds. She squirmed as she tried to find a way out of her cold situation.

Xiomar got dizzier and dizzier as time flew went by so slowly around him. He was beginning to have a hard time standing up, and an even harder time holding Kagami. The ringing noise came back as his vision began to blacken again. He tried his best not to succumb to the pain in his head, desperate to get at least into the next round with his close relatives.

He tried,

but he just felt so tired, he just wanted to sleep and never wake up.

Yeah, that'd be nice.

----

....

The Operator wishes to see me.

----

AXEL FOX blinked in confusion, concern, and anger so hard her eyes hurt.

Her cousin just disappeared alongside a faceless, paper-white man that was taller than her and her brother combined. Then right after that, Pyromaniac disappeared into a match after suddenly dropping everything she was doing and touching that weird symbol carved into her neck that wasn't covered in bandages.

Pretty sure Xiomar would've won though, if not for that.. Whatever the fuck is was.

Speaking of which, WHAT THE FUCK, HE JUST FUCKING RECOVERED, AND HE IMMEDIATELY USES HIS QUIRK AGAIN?? GOD FUCKING D A M M I T- IF ALEX WERE HERE SHE'D-....

She's going to ignore that last thought.

Ross and the Wolf siblings already got her to stop drinking already, whether too much coke or actual alcohol, and she doesn't want to have to go back to those dark times.