Chapter 14: An Offer You Can't Ignore

He went to school with his loving relatives the day after, well rested and his patience a lot better than usual. Charlotte was shooketh.

Alex was lying on the ceiling, not even bothering to wear her mask at this point. She was feeling so bored she began to subconsciously chew on her hand, a bad habit she developed when she was still alive.

Mineta came in and looked up, shrieking as he wasn't there to see Alex get unmasked Scooby-doo style. He ran out of the room in a panic, and the scary one was now cackling on the ceiling, almost falling down a couple times. Jirou and Yaomomo entered, having found each other at the stairs. Momo froze when she entered as she saw a bit of blood drip on the floor, then looked up to see it had come from Alex's face. She yelled. "Sa-Sanders-chan! Y-Your face!!"

Alex snickered "hey, I know I'm ugly but stfu"

"N-no!! I didn't mean-

Shoto entered. "I don't think you're ugly." He said, walking up to Alex and standing directly below her, looking up at her.

Alex's dark eyes widened but soon she had a warm smile, looking at him. "what happened to the ice prince?"

Shoto shrugged. "Ice princes tell the truth. You're not ugly, just dead." Then casually went to his seat. Everyone was in shock, and Alex was flattered but also confused. "Should I be flattered over that dead part or..??"

Class started soon after that, Aizawa walking in with a deadpan stare. A portion of the class clinged onto his back, shaking in fear caused by Alex's beat up face. He pushed them all into their seats with his scarf and began, taking a sip of his Desperately Black™ coffee. "Good work on the sports festival last week. Because of your good work, you were all able to receive a lot of offers." Everyone looked confused except for Alex.

It's not that she already knew or anything; she just still doesn't know how to speak Japanese. She sipped on coffee of her own; that she stole from the teacher's lounge. Kotsu Industries' coffee is the best coffee and you should buy some too. Only about $

"By offers, I mean you will be spending this following week taking part in internships. These offers I have here are your keys to being able to intern alongside pro heroes."

The students all had their own reactions. Some were excited, some didn't really care, etc. etc. But two reactions stood out. One of boredom and iced coffee slurping, 

And another of concern and fear.

It wasn't that he was scared he might not get an offer due to his cut performance; It was because he was scared of who might have offered. He'd honestly be more relieved if NO ONE offered him a spot. 

But either way, XIOMAR WOLF had no choice but to attend the mysterious and suspicious offer instructing him to meet them outside the nearby woods later at midnight. He knew that something might happen if he didn't attend, so he did.

--×--

Xiomar has been missing for an entire week and a half. His family and few friends, worried. Alex has also been absent a few times with no recollection of why she was absent the day before.

One day, she came to class for the first time in a while.

"So gimme all your poison, gimme all your pills, gimme all your hopeless hearts and make me ill.." she sang to herself on the ceiling as usual. "you're running after something that you'll never kill. If this is what you want then FIRE AT WILL!" Iida jumped when she yelled. He had just entered the room.

Alex continued jamming on the ceiling, her mp3 player unknowingly dangling in the air. At some point the other students got bored and would fiddle around with it, looking through her songs and changing the song as a prank. Imagine listening to despacito 2 thrice in a row.

Surprisingly, it wasn't Charlotte's idea.

She and Vurrine were a bit too busy worrying about their missing brother. Axel and Ross have been absent for a couple days, trying to look for Xiomar. Charlotte was currently doing something on her laptop, which she for some reason brought to school. Red numbers and codes against a black background were all that was visible on her screen, with her mumbling things to herself as she typed rapidly. Her laptop would occasionally let out a loud error sound, resulting in her yelling a curse word, angrily erasing some of the code she wrote.

After a shit, a few fucks and a variety of dammits, the class started getting a bit curious, finally leaving Alex alone.

Actually scratch that they left her be when she dropped some regular saltwater (NaCl+H2O) on Kaminari and said it was lethal. It got in his mouth and he was screaming and crying for a good 5 minutes until he realized what it really was.

A few minutes before the bell rang, a loud beep erupted from the electronic, Charlotte's eyes widening as some coordinates popped up, as well as a red flashing dot appearing on the changed screen, a map. It was a small area, seemingly in the US, somewhere near the woods. The coordinates showed on screen before moving themselves neatly into the corner, text changing in color to contrast with its background.

"FUCK YES HOLY SHIT" Charlotte yelled out, leaning back and almost falling over with her chair. Sero caught it. "what even is that?" The tape boi said, pushing her chair back in place. Charlotte whirled around with glee in her face for the first time in a while. "I found Xiomar :D"

"wait he's missing?" Alex said in shock, not knowing that they already told her countless times in the past days she had been present in class. Shoto facepalmed.

Charlotte checked the coordinates. "Okay, so he's in.. Huh??"

"What is it?" Vurrine said. The others jolted, she was so quiet they didn't notice her walk over.

"He's.. He's outside, on the courtyard-"

Suddenly, screams were heard outside.