Chapter 11: The Sports Festival | Asset

It ain't much, but it's honest work.

For the past couple of weeks, Alex had been assigned to help the students by being their target. If any of them were to even lay a finger on her in sparring, they'd be treated to lunch. As they were still training, none of them were able to get to her yet, but only a couple have come close.

One of them was Todoroki Shoto, and Alex was lowkey incredibly proud of him despite being so cocky and overly confident on the outside. The actual real reason why she was being so overconfident was because she was having her bipolar tendecies, and only Shoto knew that. You have no idea how many insults Bakugo had come up with out of irritation at her behaviour. Pretty fucking ironic and hypocritical, huh?

Soon, it was the awaited day of all UA students and outsiders alike, the mid-September SPORTS FESTIVAL.

Alex was assigned as an obstacle in one of the trials in the sports festival, but none of the other students know.

In the trial, to her understanding, she had to chase the students around while they tried to steal others' bandanas, and whichever student she pulls out has to be expelled from that group. The student is allowed to stand by and wait for enough people to form his own team, or go solo.

She was excited as she knew how scared the heroes-in-training would be when they saw her floating figure and the sadistic, insane look in her eyes. She knew she was going to enjoy this day.

Blah blah blah blah, the emcees kept blabbering. Bakuhoe even made a one sentence speech about how he was going to win, and Alex honestly couldn't stop laughing at her classmates' reactions. May or may not have tried to throw a rock at him.

The students had an obstacle course first, and she had fun watching them all suffer in Shoto's ice. She especially had fun being able to float around them and watch, sometimes even floating alongside them.

It was still hard for her to keep up with Ross and Axel, though, with their speed and teleportation quirks. Charlotte just threw herself through the air and stopped in intervals with her targeting quirk, and Vurrine used the liquids around her to melt the ice and add that water to her mix and used that to carry herself through the air, skating on a large blob of mixed liquid. Xiomar had to use a bit of his true quirk just so he could get out of the ice, and ran the rest of the way through.

In the end, that broccoli kid ended up first place while Half Albino and spiky #1 were in 2nd and third.

Then, it was her time to shine.

She made herself invisible and stood next to pro hero MIDNIGHT and waited for her to introduce her. She showed herself just as she mentioned her Creepypasta name, Pyromaniac. She had pulled out some gasoline earlier so her ghostly self could unintentionally set it on fire just by being exposed to it, soon making her skin and hair go back to their normal, bloody and ash covered selves. Her hair color was barely even visible with how singed it was, especially now that its covered in ash again. She had no need for the beanie now.

Her 'classmates' jumped and yelled in surprise, somewhat scared since they had a peek at what she could do when she was helping them get ready for this very day. The other students were thoroughly confused and somewhat scared, after hearing what Creepypastas were.

After a moment of everyone panicking and choosing teammates, the R rated hero blew her whistle and cracked her whip, causing everyone to start going. Alex floated above them all for a good 5 minutes before she started to making her move. She chased a group at terrifying speeds, causing them all to shriek and start running faster, but it was no use, and a student felt a cold hand on his shoulder and screamed as he was pulled away from his party.