Chapter 2

Caroline's POV
(Today's Caroline's 21st birthday) I woke up to a text from Luke. Classes don't start until next week so it was around 10:30 am.
From Luke😘😛💘:
Good Morning beautiful. Happy birthday. Go open your door. 💙😊 (The door that leads to the hallway to go to different dorms.)
I went and opened my door. Laying in the hallway was a bouquet of pink lilies, and a card. They were absolutely beautiful. I picked them up and sat them on the kitchen counter. I opened the card and a credit car fell out I picked it up and started reading it.

Dear Caroline,
I got your dorm number from Bailey. Apparently her and Carter hit it off last night. I just wanted to let you know that I really like you. Go pick out a dress and some new boots. Any kind of dress and boots you want. Not to fancy though. The price doesn't matter. Be ready by 6:45 I'll be at your dorm to pick you up. Have a good day. 💙

Wow I can't believe he did this. He's such a sweetheart. I went and grabbed my phone off my night stand, and texted him.
To Luke😘😛💘:
OMG. You are too sweet. Thank you. 😘💙 Can't wait to see you tonight. Where are we going?
From Luke😘😛💘: Anything for you beautiful. 💖 I can't wait either. And that I can't tell you. You'll just have to wait. 😚😚😚
To Luke😘😛💘:
But waiting is no fun. 😒
From Luke😘😛💘:
I know. I'm sorry. 😣 Now go get you your new dress and boots. 😘
To Luke😘😛💘:
Okay. 😘

4 hours later
Luke's POV
Caroline texted me and told me she got the dress and boots. She didn't want to use my money but I told her that it was my pleasure buying her stuff. It was around 3:30 now. I decided to go set up the stuff for tonight. I was taking her to Muckalee creek. I absolutely love that place. I got there and backed my truck up to where the tailgate was facing the water. I got out the blanket candles and the basket that had wine in it. I went down to the dock and put the blanket on it with the candles lighting a path and I put the basket on one corner of the blanket. Everything was set up so I headed back to my dorm to shower and get dressed. I put on some tight jeans with my boots, a navy blue v-neck shirt and my E3 hat. Like always. It was around 6 :35 so I decided to walk to Caroline's dorm.

Caroline's POV
I curled my hair after I got out of the shower, put some makeup on, and went to put on my dress. I got a dress with some flowers on it. I put that on with my boots. It was around 6:40 when I heard a knock at the door. I went to open it and it was Luke. "Wow Caroline you look wow. You look beautiful." "Aww thanks." "Your welcome. Happy birthday." "Thank you. " "So are you ready to go?" "Yes let me get my wallet and my phone and we can go."
25 minutes later.
Luke's POV
Caroline kept begging me to tell her where we were going for the first 10 minutes of the ride. But I wouldn't budge. She finally gave up and turned on the radio. She began to sing along. She had her feet propped up on the dashboard and had her shades on. The looked absolutely beautiful. I hope to says yes tonight. We arrived at Muckalee Creek. She beamed with joy when she saw what I had set up. She was so happy. We weren't that hungry so I just packed chocolate covered strawberries. We sat down and ate those while drinking the whine. "Hey Caroline I have a question." "Yes?" "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" "YES!" She jumped up and sat in my lap. We locked eyes. I leaned in and kissed her. After the kiss she got up and went to my truck. She plugged her phone in and started playing her songs while she got up in the bed of my truck dancing. She looked absolutely gorgeous. She was kind've a little tipsy but not to bad. She hopped down and ran over to me. "Hey Luke. Wanna play tag?" "Sure. " "Okay. Tag you're it!" And she took off running. Oh no. I took off running after her. She ran on the dock while I was chasing her and the next thing I know is I'm under the water. It's freezing cold water too. I come up from the water and see her laughing at me. I reach up and pull myself into the dock and she takes off running. "Oh no you don't!" I say as I ran after her picking her up bridal style. While holding her I run back to the water. "No Luke no! Please no!!" "Yes." I said with a smirk on my face. I ran into the water and got her soaking wet. She tried to run out but I grabbed her by the waist and turned her towards me. We locked eyes once again and we kissed. We both were shivering at this point because of the cold water, so we decided to get out and go back to my dorm. Bailey and Carter were out together so Caroline texted Bailey and told her, that her and Carter could stay at their dorm tonight.
{25 minutes later}
We arrived back at my dorm and Caroline realized she didn't have any pjs so I gave her a t-shirt of mine and some shorts and she went to the bathroom to change and wash her makeup off. While she was doing that I stripped down to my boxers and climbed in bed. The bathroom door slowly started to open and she came out. "Hey Luke I hope you don't mind but, I don't sleep in panted I only sleep with a t-shirt and panties. "Oh darlin that's fine. I can sleep on the couch." I got up and got a blanket and pillow and went to lay down on the couch. 5 minutes later Caroline comes in. "Hey Luke, you can come sleep in your bed with me." "Okay." I got up and went and crawled into bed with her. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close. I fell asleep almost instantly.

Caroline's POV.
Luke's strong arms were around my waist and I felt so safe. I don't ever want this night to end. I layed there for a little bit and fell asleep. 💙💙