Chapter 20

{the next day}
Caroline's POV
Luke doesn't have a concert tonight so LeClaire said she would watch all the kids at her house for us all day today so Luke and I can have some alone time. We dropped the kids off at LeClaire's house and then Luke and I went to the mall. He was being so sweet. He bought me some leggings, jeans, and some new riding boots along with A new pair of cowgirl boots. "Luke you really don't have to buy me all this stuff." I said holding up the bags. "I do it because I love you." "Aww Luke. I love you so much." "Love you to baby." Of course we didn't leave without getting the boys something. We got them some toys and then we walked out to Luke's truck. "Now where are we going babe?" I asked him climbing into his truck. "I was thinking about going to get some lunch, then go to the dress shop and get you a nice dress for tonight." He replied winking. "What do you have planned for tonight Mr. Bryan?" "Well Mrs. Bryan, you will just have to wait." He said smiling. "Luke I hate when you do that." I whined while slightly punching his arm. "Ow." "Oh come on that didn't hurt." "I know babe. Love you." He said while putting his hand on my thigh. I flipped up the console, scooted over, and started to kiss his neck. "Caroline baby, you know that turns me on." "I know that's the only reason why I'm doing it." "You brat." "Sorry." I said smirking. We pulled into, Riverfront Bar-B-Q, and got out. We sat at a table and ordered our drinks. "What can I get yall to drink?" "Sweet tea." "Sweet tea." Luke replied right after I did. "Do yall want any appetizers?" "Yeah. We'll take some cheese fries." "Okay. They'll be out in a little bit." "Okay. Thank ya." Luke and I talked until we got our appetizer, then we ordered our food. I got a barbecue sandwich and Luke got ribs. We ate and laid a $100 tip on the table. We got up from our seat and went to pay. After Luke finished paying, we walked to his truck and got in. "Thank you for lunch babe." "No problem darlin'." I loved it when he called me darlin'. Our next stop was the dress store. We got out and went to get a dress. "Hey baby, why don't you get some lingerie too." "Okay what ever you say." I picked out some lingerie and a dress I didn't let Luke see, because I wanted to surprise him. Luke payed for my stuff, even though I offered, and we walked out to the truck. Luke drive back to the hotel we were staying at and grabbed my dress and lingerie bag. We walked up to our room and put the bags down. "Hey Luther?" I said while smirking. "What?" "Do you want to go down to the pool for a bit?" "Yeah. Let's change into our swimmin' clothes." As we were walking to the bedroom I took of my clothes right in front of him. "Why on earth must you do this to me Caroline Cynthia?" He said rubbing his eyes. "Because I just feel like it, Thomas Luther." He walked over to me and kissed my neck. He picked me up and laid me on the bed. When he laid me down I rolled off the bed and said, "Wait until tonight Luke. Sorry.". "Ugh baby." He whined. "Sorry." We got dressed and walked down to the pool. We swam and moved from the hot tub to the pool, and the pool to the hot tub.
A/N sorry about the short chapter and I'm really sorry about now updating in a while!