Chapter 5 - Memory

The next morning I felt great. I stretched sitting up, the normal. I jumped from my bed and decided I was going to wake Midas up. If he's going to be putting up with me for a while, he better get used to it. I wiggled around putting on my ripped jean shorts and T-shirt. I don't know why but I felt super immature.

I ran out the door and down the stairs. I reached the wooden door that lead to his room. I stood there, smiling as the security scanned me. It successfully scanned me and I opened the door. Lucky for me, he was asleep. I was going to run and jump on him but I saw his closet open.

I crept over to it without making a noise. I looked around seeing all different types of suits and tuxes. There were glass cases full of different shoes and ties. He reminded me of a teenage girl with all the different clothing. I heard him groan so I thought he was waking up. Another dirty thought flew into my mind. I was going to regret it but I went along with it. I threw my top off and grabbed one of his dress shirts and buttoned it up. I took out my phone and sent a picture to Skye.
Having to much fun! I sent.
You better not lol! She replied. I snuck back into the bedroom and layed beside him. I stroked his hair and down to his chin.

"Morning, handsome". I said grinning. His eyes fluttered open, then became wide. He stared at me then my outfit.

"Good morning love. What brings you in here?" He asked.

"Oh nothing". I giggled , wrapping my arms around myself.

"Why are you wearing my shirt darling?" He said, propping his head up with his hand.

"It's comfy". I said staring at the ceiling. He sat up, I noticed he was shirtless.

"Good. I like you in it". He said rubbing his face.  I couldn't help but turn red. His body was covered in tattoos. Roses down his back and a gun at his waist.

"You might want to put something more suiting on". He said, putting a different dress shirt on.

"Why this isn't?"  I pouted. He sighed grabbing his tie.

"Later". He said.

"Right now. I want to see your skills and what you need to improve or learn". He said putting his vest on.

"So fighting?" I asked sitting up.

"Fighting, agility, aim". He nodded.

"Well I already have two out of three". I smiled proudly.

"Great. Prove it". He said tossing a gun to my hand. It glistened in the sun as the rest of it turned to gold.

"Meet me downstairs in 10 minutes. Be ready". He said walking out. I admired the gun and holstered it to my leg.
I got this. I thought.

A couple minutes past and I ran downstairs meeting Midas in the main hall. I had changed into some athletic black pants and a gold crop top. It was in the closet ok? Not trying be weird.

"Good you're here. Follow me". He said walking towards another hallway. I swear this place was a maze. Each hall would have more hallways leading off of those with more halls leading off of those ones too.

We made it to one room in the middle of a hallway. I assumed it was large since no other doors were along the side of the hall. Midas opened the door and I was astonished by the room. There was a full training course filled with different obstacles and enemy dummies holding guns. I followed him inside to what looked like the start of the course.

"So you say you know what you're doing right?" He asked grabbing a clipboard with some paper work on it.

"Yeah". I said slightly nervous. I stared at the giant course.

"Are you ready to start?" He asked me raising an eyebrow. I wanted to stall for a bit so I just randomly said something.

"I need to stretch first". I stated.

"Take your time. I need to fill these out first anyways". He said sitting on a nearby bench. I sighed in relief and began my stretches. I tried not to take to long, I didn't want to seem like I was stalling. I tied my hair and took a sip of my water a got ready.

"M, we can start now". I said fixing my laces. He looked up from the papers and stood up.

"Excellent". He half smiled. He stood beside a panel with a bunch of different buttons that I assumed controlled the course. I got a little shaky and I had butterflies in my stomach. I took deep breaths.

"I found your playlist, so I decided to play it while you do the course for some confidence". He said flipping some switches. I felt kind of awkward that he had found my playlist but I went through with it. I looked at the floor and noticed some unusual lines in the design.

"Also Y/N". He said looking at a larger button. I looked at him.

"You might want to grab the rope". He said pushing a green button. Out of nowhere the floor fell beneath me, sending me down into darkness. I saw the rope he told me about and I swing and hit a wall.

"Fuuuck, MIDAS! WHEN I GET UP THERE YOUR ASS IS DEAD!"

You can play the music now for the feels😂 Idk I thought I would be a cool touch.

There was a hall lit up so I decided to run down it. It's a course anyways I wanted to be fast. A bunch of bots jumped out at me. I kicked and punched at the knocking them down. I pulled out my gun shooting them in there foreheads moving along I reached a hall with lasers shooting from the sides. I flipped and rolled past them, dodging without a problem.

"Too easy sweetie". I huffed. More bots came out with guns. I ran at one and slid my leg to it's ankle, knocking it to the ground. While I was down, one grabbed my neck, I clenched my jaw in pain from the metal. I threw myself over it and shot it in the side of the head. I jumped ones shoulders spinning myself around shooting other ones in the head. I bent back and hit a trick shot for good measures. I then shot the one that I was on.

I ran down the dark hallway when it lit up. The room was above deep, dark water. There was parkour down the centre. I jumped and flipped to each stand. I wobbled a bit on the last jump but I made it.
I can't believe the whole thing up there is fake! Must be for surprise instinct. I thought to myself while jogging to the next spot. I came to a small room filled with vents. All sorta of them lined the room. I decided to listen to them to hear for things down to show me the way out. Down one of the vents I heard Midas. I decided to take that one.

I pried it open and started to crawl. I heard him humming a little tune of some sort. I kept crawling, the music started to become inaudible. I reached the end of the vent. I turned around using my foot to force it open. To my surprise I was out side The Agency. I looked around to see Midas all gold with his black suit again, flipping a knife.

"I see you found the way out darling". He said placing it in a little holster on his thigh.

"Yeah I guess...wait when did you chan—" I was cut of by something hitting my head and I passed out.

I woke up strapped to a chair with computers and wires around me. I saw a woman with a green mask and green hair leaning against the wall. Midas walked in the barred door.

"Hello darling. We're going to make you all better". He smiled evilly.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered. Another man in a black suit put a mouth guard in my mouth. The chair I was strapped to started to move. Two metal pieces came over my head. I heard a humming noise. I felt the shock of electricity go through my head. Then it hit me. The excruciating pain of electroshock. Memory wipe.