Chapter 16 - Date?

"Skye, you should head back to sleep. I'm gonna head back to M's room now. I don't want you getting in trouble." I said to her, rubbing my eyes.

"Fine, talk in the morning. Sleep well." She said walking out. I followed suit down the small hallway. We reached the lobby area and we headed out separate ways.

When I got back to Midas' room, I shut he door quietly not wanting to wake him. I crept slowly over to the bed and slid under the covers. In my attempt to not wake him up, I had failed. He groaned slightly turning over to face me.

"Darling?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Go back to sleep Midas." I said giving his forehead a kiss before snuggling up to him.

"What if I don't want to, love." He said, his voice a little raspy from him just awakening. His golden eye glowed in the dark. My hands flickered a little, but I ignored it. I sighed in my thoughts. But then, I had an idea.

"I know we never really made anything official but, I think it's time we do." I said sitting up.

"Midas. Will you go out with me?" I said, sitting up straight with confidence.

"Darling, I thought you'd never ask." He smiled at me.

"Your eyes are glowing, love." He stated, his smile becoming wider. I jumped from the bed and ran over to the closet to check the mirror. He was right, they were glowing a bright, shining gold.

"That's normal right?" I asked, turning around pointing at the mirror.

"Yes, it's to do with emotions." He explained, I hummed in response. I walked back over to the bed and laid down.

"Good night, M." I said lowly.

"Good night, darling." He said, settling back himself.

The next morning I woke up curled up to Midas. He was still asleep, his hair a little messy and his mouth was agape. I smiled brightly to myself and ruffled his hair gently. I leaned down and gave his temple a kiss before getting out of the cozy bed. I strolled over to the closet and changed into my training outfit. I looked over towards a room that lead out from the closet. I walked in and saw my Black Rose suit all cleaned up with new gold pieces on it. Set on the manakins head, was a mask. It was flat and head a golden rose going over the right eye. The mask looked like it had no eyes, but it must've been one of those designs.

I walked back out of the closet, over to the bathroom to grab a hair tie. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and set off to do some training early in the morning. It was gonna be weird training alone, but I might be joined later.

I made my way down to the training rooms. I looked around the hallways as I walked, the sound of my shoes echoing through the long corridors. I made my way through the maze like building, till I made it. I scanned myself, opening the door. The room was just how I remembered it. I had a slight flashback give me a chill, but I brushed it off. As long as I kept telling myself it wasn't my fault, I would soon believe myself. I grabbed a couple knifes and brought out a couple dummies. I flipped the knifes around and threw them at the dummies. The sound of the knifes hitting the wood made a loud thud. I went to pull them out when I thought of what happened last night.

I let go of the last knife, leaving it there for now, and walked over to where I was before. I sat of the floor and placed the knife in front of me. I placed a finger on it, trying not to turn it gold. It didn't turn. Then I tried turning into gold without thinking. It worked. Now for the hard part. I wanted the gold glitter to come back. I held my palm up and closed my eyes. I focused all my energy to my hand. I could feel something happen within my hands. They started tingling, and I opened my eyes. A little spark came from my finger, shooting up and disappearing. I huffed.