Chapter 36

Aimee

"I've been better," said Liana staring past Aimee towards Emma, her eyes still burning blue fire. Aimee spun to face her sister, who stared back at Liana, her gaze green fire.

"I should have known you would have been involved," Emma snapped.

Liana gave her sister a formal bow and then clicked her fingers and two lamps on the walls behind her ignited, icy blue flames burning as if by magic, not a single logical means to ignite them. Aimee glanced at Liana, still amazed at how and why her friend could do such magical things.

They were in a stone chamber five meters by five and the ceiling was just above their heads. Leon would have to stoop to stand in here. It was an empty shell, except for a single wooden bench in the far corner. There was a pick barbie rucksack, a heavy-looking hardback book on the seat and a bottle of water lying on the floor.

Aimee let go of her Aura and Liana did the same, both slipping their weapons inside their jackets. They both grinned at each other. She had missed her friend, such an uncomplicated person, who always spoke her mind, you always knew where you stood with her and Aimee always felt safe and like she had returned home around her.

"What are you two grinning at, this is not the time for games," said Emma. "We have a murdered body and a trail of Fallen blood, leading to you Liana. So for Love of Raphael, what have you done now?"

Her sister despised Liana and the feeling was mutual, as her friend glared back, spinning her blade openly in her hand. Emma raised her staff, slamming it down on the stone floor, the room rumbled and soil and stone fell around them, leaving a cloud of dust around them.

"Well? Explain yourself," commanded Emma.

"Oh, I see you still have your head up your ass!" retorted Liana, pulling her long mane of golden hair into a ponytail and tying it back with a pink barbie branded hair band, her deep ocean-blue stare narrowing towards Emma.

"Isn't it obvious my lovely Priestess," she continued, stepping closer to her sister, her heated gaze burning a deeper shade of blue.

"I am here to investigate the infiltration of my holy order! You don't happen to know anything about it, or how it is even possible? And also..."

Liana loomed over Emma threateningly, being a good foot taller. Her sister glared back raising her staff towards Liana's face.

"...how the evil abominations found me. This is a safe house, only known by an elite few in the Gabriel order. And poor old Gladys, god bless her soul, didn't stand a chance, though I cannot fault the old woman's bravery...or rather, stupidity. She managed to...aid me and my escape. And, I now know who is responsible."

Emma stepped up on her toes and openly growled at Liana.

"You...you bitch! Do you think it is me? That I would...I...no I will not let you get into my head. Get away from me!" Yelled Emma spinning away to climb the stairs. Aimee quickly snatched her sister's hand. Flashing Liana a chastising look.

"Hang on Emma, Liana is only teasing," she pleaded.

"Am I!" said Liana, continuing to scowl at her sister.

Emma pulled her hand away in anger, her green gaze burning with rage as she confronted Aimee.

"When you are with her, everything and everyone around you doesn't exist, and that is when people get hurt. If you keep following her, more innocent people will die, and...and I can't have another person I...I...care for, get hurt because you two have your own God-forsaken agenda in this damn war! If you have only brought me here to save her ass-" she glared at Liana. "-then I have better things to do with my time. You two can bloody walk back...the both of you!"