Not Included

The day after the terrible night at the club, Adele found Erik sitting alone in the living room, staring out the window as the dogs played. He looked like he wanted to be alone; therefore, she didn't want to bother him. Victor also told them how Anneliese laid into him the night before, blaming him for their sister's death. She was wrong, but it was just the way she was.

"Dee, you don't have to leave. Anne doesn't want me around, so I'm giving her space."

"That's not fair, Erik. Anastasia was your sister too, and this wasn't your fault. If she wants to point fingers, she has to look at all of us, not one. We were all together. No one knew someone would come shooting at us. If Anne cannot understand that I don't know what else to say."

Erik didn't breathe a word. He only sat there looking out the window before letting out a deep sigh. He was heartbroken and just lost one of his little sisters, and the other one was mad at him for no reason. It made Adele mad as she stood there staring at him for a second before leaving him to his thoughts and going back to Luca's office with the rest.

They were there reviewing Anastasia's funeral details. To her, it was a big unneeded fight because Anneliese wanted to take control. Johan wanted something big like she was... Ana was full of life. However, Axel, Heidi, and Kiefer thought it would be too much attention, while Anneliese wanted to burn her and be done with it. She didn't think they needed to put up a big deal about it.

It was a big headache, and Adele needed to get away from it all. The arguing and screaming weren't something she wanted to deal with at the moment. So, she found her way to the playroom where Vince and Lucas were fighting over a toy, as always. While Aria, Leah, and Eden were playing in the corner of the room. The twins were in their little world, playing with each other as the rest of the children were with Sibylla and Rose, doing who knows what.

Being with the children was more peaceful than listening to them argue, causing Adele to take a seat on the floor next to her girls, watching them play. She knew Anastasia wouldn't have wanted this. Someone died, and the only thing they could think of was to fight. Now her daughter, was climbing over in her lap. She was the youngest baby, and it was ashamed she would never know her mother.

"She loves you." Adele turned to the man's voice as Erik picked up his daughter and sat beside her. Aria loved to grab at her father's hair, and her hands went straight for it while Erik fought her off. "You should be in there, not here, as if she wasn't your sister. I couldn't deal with the screaming and fighting because none of that was going to bring her back."

"She's right."

Both turned to see Rose standing at the door and as soon as the twins heard her voice, they ran straight to her, hugging her legs. All the children loved her and Sibylla, and they loved them twice as much. "That's easy for you to say, Granny Rose. I don't like to argue. So, to keep the peace, I stay away."

"Then I see why you and my granddaughter are close. She didn't like to argue, and it left her hurt." It was true, but Adele had to learn the hard way. In the end, everything turned out right, but Erik was always the peacekeeper, and there was no changing that.

"You're talking to the wall, Granny Rose. Erik is the quiet one, and he would rather walk away from an argument than fight unless he has to."

"Smart man, but you need to know what happened last night, my sweet boy it wasn't your fault. I was there, and I saw what happened with my own two eyes. We didn't start the fight, and as sad as this may be, we couldn't stop the impossible. If your sister cannot see that. Then she's blind, but it's something about her I don't like. I don't like her with my grandson, and I don't trust her. Your sister Anne, is a sneaky little bitch... Excuse my language. She's your sister, I know but I call it how I see it."