Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

We found the same restaurant Pete and I went to on our date the other night, the same place Peter was threatened as well. It turns out that even some businesses that our from my home are here too. 

Our plan is to go to the same restaurant we went to on our date that night and see if the guy who threatened Peter shows up. If/when he does we will have Robert grab him, then we will see what happens when we get there. 

We had made it to the restaurant both Peter and I dressed up. He was wearing a suit and I was wearing a blue dress to match his tie. Someone came up to us as we stood in the waiting area, they took us to our seats and handed us menus "Your waiter will be with you shortly," They spoke kindly. I read the man's name tag. Josh. 

"I don't have a good feeling about this Pete," I said worriedly. I had a bad feeling in my gut like something is bound to go wrong.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I could see the worry grow in his eyes. How could he not sense it, he's been Spider-man longer than I've been Spider-girl and my spidey senses are telling me somethings not right. 

"You can't feel it. I have a bad gut feeling about this and not only that but my spidey senses are tingling." I whispered the last part so no one could hear us. After all, everyone here thinks we are actors. That's why Tom couldn't come because people would notice two of him. Peter AND Tom.

"Now that you said something you're right. I have the same gut feeling and my spidey senses are all over the place," Why did it take him so long to realize? He usually notices this stuff before I do. Something definitely wrong and I need to figure out what. 

"Is there something on your mind Pete? You usually notice these things before I do." I said placing my hand on top of his, on the table.

"Him no I am fine," He spoke quickly. He's hiding something. 

Peter's POV

Y/n was right. Usually, I do notice these bad feelings before she does. I'm off my game and right now I need to be on top of everything. I can't let anything happen to Y/n.

The truth is there was something on my mind. I have to ask Y/n something and I'm nervous about what her answer will be. I can't ask her right now even though I want to. With everything going on lately now isn't the right time. I can't just ask her to marry me when she could possibly die.