Chapter 11

Y/n's POV

After we got home, last night was mostly a blur. Peter and I had made our way upstairs to my bedroom. He was still upset but we eventually fell asleep.

It was now the next morning and I was awake Peter was fast asleep still. I was just laying there playing with his hair while his head rested on my chest. He looked completely at peace when he was asleep. I just wish he had this much peace when he was awake too. He needs a break, he lost so much it's not fair. Most say "life isn't fair" but he has been through isn't just unfair it's cruel.

Peter started to stir in his sleep and eventually opened his eyes while he stretched a bit.

"Good morning," I said with a small smile on my face as I watched him look at me with a little smile as well.

"Good morning," He responded softly.

"You look recharged for the day, not as exhausted as last night."

"Yeah well, I got a good night's rest."

We were making our way down to the kitchen to make breakfast, I usually just have some toast with peanut butter and bananas (If you don't like this you are free to change it to what you usually have in the morning) Peter was behind me just resting up against the island counter in the center of the kitchen.

"what?" i asked sensing the feeling that he was watching me as i spread the peanut butter on my toast.

"i'm just glad you're okay." he said softly. it made my heart sink a little bit. the fact that he was still thinking about last night.

"like i said i'm not going anywhere," i said turning around handing him a piece of toast.

"why thank you" he said chuckling a little.

"you are such a dork." i finished as we sat down at the dining table talking. breakfast consisted of full stomachs, lots of laughter and occasionally a kiss or two.

peter and both agreed to just stay home and rest today. we were in the living room watching avengers endgame. i watched as the ending had changed from just my dad to peter, pepper, and my dad saving the day. i watched as i rushed over to peter making sure he was okay i then rushed to my dad but the screen changed back to peter. he looked completely exhausted and eventually he was in my dads arms. we rushed him to my dads house and that's where the movie ended. must suck for the people who don't know what happened after that. they don't know peters okay, but i do and that's all that matters.

i turned towards peter and grabbed his hands. he towards me now sitting criss cross applesauce (i sound like i'm 5 i promise i'm not lmao) on the sofa. "i think we should look for the guy." i shouldn't have brought that up. i watched as peters face fell and his hands went almost limp in mine.

"y/n..." he said looking down clearly not wanting to talk about it but i wasn't going to give up that easily.

"peter, if we just let him off the hook who knows what he will do next," i spoke in a softer tone than before not wanting to sound extremely pushy.

"i know. i know... it's just- you know, it doesn't matter. yeah let's do it." he was pushing something down. i wasn't going to let him just give in even though he doesn't want to.

"what is it peter?" i asked placing my hand on the side of his face causing him to look up at me.

"nothing it doesn't matter," he spoke, forcing a small smile onto his face.

"talk to me pete," i persisted.

"it's just the last time we tried going after him *cough cough* last night. he almost killed you and seeing you in so much danger made me freeze and i didn't know what to do, i just i don't want to keep putting the people i love in danger." he said with a couple voice cracks as he pushed the tears down, not wanting to cry again.

"peter if we don't do this the people WE both love will be put in more danger," i said pointing out what could happen if we don't kill whoever this is. i didn't have to go into much detail, he could picture it on his own.

"...yeah. you're right... but please just promise me you will be careful. i don't want to lose you," he said as he rested his forehead on my softly closing his eyes.

"only if u promise to be careful because i can't lose you." i said kissing him quickly and going back to rest my forehead against his. he lifted his pinky up and stuck it out towards me. i wrapped my pinky around his and at the same time we both spoke

"pinky promise."

———

peter and i weren't sure if robert and tom would like to take part in our plan so i text robert since they both were together right now.

y) hey robert!

r) hey y/n! what's up?

y) peter and i both say sorry to both you and tom about how we just sort of ditched you guys during dinner/plan last night. we sort of got attacked and then i had to get peter home before he broke. everything is okay now! we have a new plan tho and we weren't sure if you and tom would like to help? you don't have to if you don't want to just let me know

r) oh no it's okay! if you don't mind me asking what happened? and we would love to help anything for you guys!

y) i'll tell you later. meet up at mine and peters place?

r) yeah sure! on our way now! we will be there soon

perfect.