Chapter 1: 'I do' - Promise!!

(Mature Language 18+)

"Mrs. Fox! Do you have any lawyer to represent you?" asked Daniel Sanders in a slow, sad and an apologetic tone which caught Aria's attention. But she kept looking at the water glass in front of her.

Aria replied with a nod of her head, that she had no one to represent her but she didn't speak a word. She felt their wedding memories flooding her mind and making her heart heavy than ever.

Daniel is Hunter's lawyer and an old friend. He was the one who got their Marriage Certificate done almost a year back. And the irony, he was the one who was getting their Divorce Certificate done now. He exchanged looks with Ryan, Hunter's best friend who was the best man at their wedding a year back.

"Would you like to say something Aria?" Ryan spoke up this time. He desperately tried his best to make Aria talk and stop this non-sense. But who was he trying to convince?

There she again replied by a nod of her head indicating that she had nothing to say. She still chose to be quiet and kept looking at the water glass in front of her.

He knew Aria is a girl who had self respect as high as the Everest. No wonder she was behaving like this after what Hunter had said and accused her of. He felt pity on her but he could not do anything. He just wanted to smash Hunter's head with something so hard that probably Hunter's mind might get back into the right path.

"Are you sure?" Ryan tried again. The desperation was quite visible in his voice. He exchanged looks with Daniel, who still gave the pity look to her.

This time Aria replied with a nod of her head in agreement that yes she was sure about it. Her silence was eating up Ryan unlike Hunter who was absolutely not interested in neither her nor her feelings.

"So shall we proceed?" Daniel asked in a small tone with a slight hope of hearing her voice but no, nothing happened. He wondered why he was the one who had to witness all of this. Witnessing their marriage was such a beautiful affair but this? It was no lesser than hell.

Aria nodded her head in yes and still kept looking at the water glass in front of her.

"Are you ready Mr. Fox?" Daniel asked in a stern tone looking straight into Hunter's eyes trying to make him understand that this was wrong. This was all wrong.

"Yes! Let's do it." Hunter replied back in a firm tone with a curt nod of his head completely ignoring Daniel's look and Ryan's glare. And of course Aria's emotions were of least concern to him.

"Okay then!" Daniel said in a small tone. He cleared his throat before fetching the paper out and started reading it.

"As per the mutual agreement between the both of you, Mrs. Fox you will no longer be entitled with any of the assets owned by Mr. Fox. You will have to move out of his mansion by this afternoon. You will have to return back all the things Mr. Fox had given you, during your marriage period which includes..." Daniel kept reading the information that Hunter had mentioned, in a robotic tone. He kept trying his best not to get connected to this entire scene running in front of his eyes. He knew that he definitely needed a drink after this entire fiasco ends. He stopped for a few seconds to gain back a little composure and resumed.

"... which includes all the dresses, gifts, cars, jewelleries, phones, tablets and all other materialistic things. You should also return back..."

"Mr. Fox?" Daniel said in a shocked tone and threw him an 'I don't believe you' look.

"Please continue Daniel. I am already late for my meeting. So, there is no need to pause every now and then. Come on!" Hunter's heartless and insensitive reply echoed through the entire room.