Chapter 22: Embossed Watermark!!

Hello All!

SURPRISE !!

Here is the next chapter! I hope you all will like it. By the end of this chapter, one of the accusations are proved fake!!

Happy Reading!!

***********************************************************************

CHAPTER 22:

"Hello Mr. Cole! How are you?" Daniel asked, once Dawson, Evelyn's father, had settled down in the witness box.

"I am good thank you! And I would like to apologise for running late." Dawson said in an apologetic tone while grabbing the glass of water and taking a sip of the liquid to settle down the dryness of his throat. He had almost jogged all through the courtroom way and at this age it was a bit difficult for him; as he was not a fan of exercises and yoga.

"Mr. Cole! Could you please tell me how you started Ruby Wedding Bells & Co.?" Daniel asked deliberately even though he already knows that it wasn't Dawson who had started it. He needed this question to form a base of the case.

"Well, you see! It wasn't me who started it. It was my father's idea. But due to his health conditions he passed away without starting it. He loved my mother a lot and wanted to gift her something which she would love living with. My mother, Ruby, was very fond of wedding dresses and other accessories while my father, Mark, was fond of witnessing different types of weddings. So, he wanted to do something for my mother. And he had just given the name and the finance before he passed away. My mother actually gave a life to his idea by designing and planning the weddings. It became her life and soon it became our family business." Dawson replied back while alternating his gaze between Daniel and the judge.

"So, who all works for Ruby Wedding Bells & Co. from your family?" Daniel asked and was expecting an objection from Victor's side but it didn't happen.

"My wife, Margarette, and I; we both along with my mother were the board members. But as the days passed my mother fell sick and passed away because of cancer. And I wanted to live what my parents had dreamt of. And as I said it became our family business. Evelyn was very close to my mother. So, I had sent her to work in the first branch where my mother had designed her first dresses and worked on her first projects. After I step down, Evelyn will be the CEO, so to make her acquainted with the work cultures and procedures, I had made her the manager and to be frank she has been doing very well." Dawson replied back while remembering the times where his mother and Evelyn used to play hide and seek. The way she played with her granddaughter was a beautiful memory.

"I understand that, in the board of members, you have no other outside person as the member. All the members are from your family. Could you tell us why?" Daniel asked crooking his head to one side while his one eyes crinkled a little.

"OBJECTION MY LORD!! Mr. Sanders is asking unnecessary questions and wasting the court's time." Victor said in a booming tone. Daniel mentally rolled his eyes as he was prepared for this. He knew the moment Victor would object any of his questions, that's the point where he was supposed to dig in further for 'answers'.

"MY LORD! This is a very important question and will clear major confusions about Aria's part in Ruby Wedding Bells & Co." Daniel pointed out in an urgent tone but the judge seemed to be in a bit of confusion. He was tapping his pen on the table and was looking at the paper in front of him. Once he made a decision of whom to agree with, he looked at both the lawyers and said in a firm tone.

.

.

.

"OBJECTION OVERRULED!!"