Simon's Invitation: WinWin

*Sicheng's POV*

The lights turned on.

I closed my eyes slightly and smiled.

This was it. This was my time to shine once again.

The crowd stopped talking, all of the people that were positioned in the seats looked at me.

The music started. I looked up and breathed in.

I placed my hands on the air abruptly, but calmly at the same time.

I started dancing. I practiced many hours for this, but it was worth it.

I loved dancing.

One pirouette. I landed on the wooden scene softly.

I continued dancing and soon my partner would join me. I jumped on the air, ready to do a split while flying. I opened my legs and was about to close them but...

I didn't do it at the right time.

So instead of landing on the floor gracefully I...

"AARGH!"

I fell.

"Is he ok?" "Omg poor thing." "Did he sprain his ankle?" "Did he breake his leg?"

This was the last time I danced.

I could never dance ever again.

--

I woke up and sighed.

"What time is it?"

I wondered and checked my phone.

"6.00?!"

"Urghh..."

I left my phone on the bedside table, and covered myself again with the sheets.

But soon I removed them.

"Who am I kidding there's no way I'm going to sleep again."

It was still very early though, so I decided to go for a run.

I wore my workout clothes and left my apartment.

--

I started running. Not fast, but not slow either.

It was still very early so almost no one were to be seen on the streets, even downtown, where was usually very crowded.

The weather today was chilly and cloudy. It was the perfect weather for a morning run.

I continued running and looked around me while doing so.

Nothing surprised me anymore. Nothing seemed beautiful to me. Everything was black and white despite today's weather. I wasn't excited for anything. I lost my happiness and joy long ago. I should find something else to brighten up my life, but it was impossible. How could I possibly do that.?

How can you replace your dreams, your passion, your hard work with something else?

I spent years, hours, days to make my dreams come true, only for them to be destroyed.

I was so absorbed in my own thoughts that I accidently bumped into someone, making us both fall on the ground.

"Oh..."

The man said when he landed on the pavement.

"Ouch..."

I sighed a little painfully.