Explanation

Explanation:

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SPOILERS!
So.. if you haven't read the past ones yet, I suggest you reading them before continue reading this one. Because this chapter just...explains everything that has happened so far so...yeah...

Ok so...I'm going to explain everything the best way I can. I will try to not leave anything unanswered.😔

(It will be like a q&a of the questions you might have. If you think that some of your questions remained unanswered you can ask them in the end of this chapter.)

So... the thing that everyone wanted to know since the very beginning was...

Who is Simon?
Simon is Sicheng. But...Sicheng does not exist.

Hear me out.
In the beginning it was mentioned that Simon was playing the game too, pretending to be someone he isn't. And that's exactly what Sicheng was doing. He was never real, everything that we saw about him was not real because...he didn't quite exist...as a real person.

What Sicheng really is?
He is "Simon", but he is an illusion as well. Simon was never real, he was in their thoughts, in their own imagination and that's what made him real to them. Everyone that was playing this game thought that Simon was real, but he really wasn't. Sicheng aka Simon was only real in their minds.

You may wonder how can he not be real if he was in the same group chat with them, they hang out together, they talked with him etc.

He was only real to them. They were the ones that gave him a so-called real life, a real identity, making him play the game with them too. Sicheng never existed nowhere besides their minds as they created him. When Sicheng was talking with them, he wasn't, he never was there, they all imagined talking with him.
For example, sometimes Taeyong met him, and he even talked to him. That was not real. That was his imagination. When all of them met together and Sicheng talked he didn't, it was all their imagination.
They became so desperate to make him real, that they even defended him. (Taeyong told the others that before Sicheng died he talked to him). But it wasn't true. It was all fake. He was an illusion they all shared and created. One other thing was that no one ever suspected him.

In other words Sicheng was an illusion all of them created and shared.

Then...Sicheng died?
He didn't because he was never real. Well...all of them did kill him but only for one reason: to convince themselves that Simon was real and that in fact he could kill them. Which was a lie, because Simon never existed from the start. They only wanted to continue playing this game, knowing that the consequences were real.

One more thing is that Sicheng's body was never found. But even then, none of them suspected anything.

Why did they create Simon?
To change their lives. Everyone wanted something they did not have( Jungwoo-money, Jaehyun-money etc.). But Simon mostly existed in order to justify their actions ( For example: I didn't kill him. Simon told me to do it, so in fact I had no other choice. It was not my fault.)

So... who really is Simon?
Sicheng, but Sicheng is everyone. So...that means everyone had the same illusion, but in fact they controlled Simon the way they wanted to. Sicheng was the visual image of Simon and the person to be blamed but...Simon was controlled individually the way everyone wanted in order to satisfy their wishes.

In other words:
Simon=Sicheng=everyone

(I'm sorry if this is too detailed but I don't want to leave any questions unanswered.)

Also: Before dying some of them heard a voice in their head (Simon) the voice they heard was the electronic one everyone imagined, but as it became clearer it was Sicheng's voice and Sicheng's voice became their own voice.
In other words, they could no longer distinguish their imagination, a lie they created from the reality. That's why Yuta always mentioned: I know the truth, I know the reality. Because he did, but others didn't.