(𝟎𝟔) 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

ASSISTANCE
chapter six
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

          "STAY ONE MORE day?" Harley pleads with Lena

"STAY ONE MORE day?" Harley pleads with Lena. "Please, Gemma's already gone, and Connors leaving tonight. I don't want to be stuck with Lacey for the rest of my life." The boy's face is filled with terror, like he's scared for his own life and sanity.

"It's the new reality, Har." She says, patting his shoulder. "Speaking of, can you go wake the bear?"

"She scares me." Harley mumbles, nonetheless, listening to Lena's request.

The entire family- minus Gemma- come along to drop Lena off at the airport. The Curry family drives to the same destination as well, having all three of their children on flights.

The two families meet up once again. Lena does her goodbyes, but not before exchanging a few words with Steph.

"After I finish the housing shit, I can start." Lena states. "And you can't hire anyone else while I'm away. Your mother's orders, wouldn't want to disrespect those, right?" She teases him.

Stephen crosses his arms. "Depends how long this will take, Anal."

"Stop it." She says. "It's impossible to talk to you. Just please stop calling me Anal for now? I'm trying to be mature." To Lena's surprise, Steph's expression shifts to a serious one. "You've got five minutes."

"Like I was saying, after I move into your old apartment, we can meet somewhere to just discuss stuff about my job... you know?" He nods. "All I need to do is sell my apartment quickly, which shouldn't be a problem. There's a billion people looking for a home in LA, my place is cheap, nice, in a good area, and should surely be popular on the market."

"Who's going to help you move?" Steph questions. The brunette shrugs. "My best friend, my boyfriend-"

"Hold on, you never mentioned any boyfriend?" He stops her. Lena attempts to not let a smile crack. "Yeah. Two years now. You'll probably meet him."

"You didn't even let me approve of him?" Steph exclaims, throwing his hands in the air.

"When I haven't had contact with you in nine years, I don't think your approval is really necessary." Lena retorts. "Why do you care so much anyways?"

"Because I'm technically like, a second big brother. Sometimes I should have a say in things."

"No, you're the spawn of Satan, now shut up about this, I have to catch a flight." She says, checking her Apple Watch.

With a few more farewells from her family members, Lena heads off into the airport, just her, her backpack and suitcase. Some part of her longed to stay in Charlotte, but it just wasn't possible for her. She doesn't look back, in fear of her homesickness growing.