(𝟏𝟏) 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐄.

ASSISTANCE
chapter eleven
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

         "OF COURSE, ON my first official day, your ex fiancée has to drop by

"OF COURSE, ON my first official day, your ex fiancée has to drop by." Lena remarks, fluffing a lone pillow on the couch. "What am I supposed to do again?"

"Just help her bring her stuff downstairs. She brought bags for her clothes and stuff, there's not much." Steph reassures her. "I'll, uh..."

"...Prepare drinks? Lame. I should be doing that." Says Lena, placing her hands on her hips. "Should I introduce myself?" She asks.

"No, no." Steph jumps in quickly. "I'll do the introducing. You, just go along with it. Okay?"

"Okay?" Lena sounds confused now.

The doorbell rings and Lena straightens her posture, follow closely behind Steph to the door. "No, go over there or something." He points to the dining room. "Pretend you're doing something natural."

"You're acting really weird." She calls, eyeing him before walking off to the kitchen and grabbing herself a glass of water.

"Ayesha." He says, opening the door.

"Hi, Steph. I'm here to get my stuff?" Ayesha says, a little unsure.

Stephen nods. "Yeah, one second." He tells her. It's a bit awkward between them, he's desperate to get Lena in there to relieve the tension.

Ayesha stands by the door as Steph rushes off to get Lena in the kitchen.

"Okay, she's here. Come with me." He whispers, grabbing her arm. Lena chokes on her water. "Jeez. Okay, I'm coming." She scurries after him.

"Ayesha, this is Lena." He introduces her.
Lena nods. "I'm his a-"

"-A family friend." Steph cuts in, discreetly glaring at her. "She moved here not long ago. Just visiting, right, Ellie?"

"Yeah. Right." She agrees, flatly.

An amused yet surprised look crosses Ayesha's face. She wasn't expecting another girl to be here so soon. "Well, nice to meet you, Lena. I'm Ayesha, if you haven't figured it out. Stephen's ex fiancée."

"Nice to meet you, too." Lena replies. "If you want, I can help you with your stuff? I heard what happened... really sorry about that."

Steph nods at her. "Yeah, I have some things to take care of. Thanks, Ellie."

Ayesha shows an awkward thumbs-up. "I'll start. Let's go?" She motions to Lena. Lena nods. "I'll be right there."