(𝟏𝟖) 𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄.

ASSISTANCE
chapter eighteen
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

     A WHITE SLIP dress, and her go-to pair of basic sandals

A WHITE SLIP dress, and her go-to pair of basic sandals. Lena admired herself in the mirror for a bit—fluffing up her freshly curled hair with her hands. Checking her phone, she realized she only had a couple minutes to finish getting ready. Quickly, the brunette grabbed her favorite tube of lipgloss and applied a coat, pressing her lips together and releasing them with a "pop" sound.

The LaBelle and Curry families had unanimously decided to go out for dinner at one of their favorite steakhouses in the area— Fleming's.

It was quite the restaurant. When they were younger, all of the children from both families knew that dinners at Fleming's were strictly for special occasions. Graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, and getting drafted to the NBA, just to name a few pivotal events.

"Lena! Hurry your ass up!" Her mother called from the bottom of the stairs. "We're all waiting for you!" She heard the door slam shut as her mom headed out to the car. Lena huffed, grabbing her clutch as she left her room in a hurry and scampered down the stairs.

Waiting for her on the porch was Harley, twirling his house keys on a yellow Dub Nation lanyard. A gift from Steph, Lena assumed. "Took you long enough." Her brother says, punting her shin lightly.

"Ow." Lena mumbles as she heads away, off to her family's SUV.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Casey and Dell park alongside each other when they arrive at the steakhouse. The LaBelle and Curry siblings proceed to file out of their vehicles as if they were all little kids once again.

As Lena steps out, she hears a loud bang come from the Curry family car. Her gaze snaps up to Steph, a hand pressed into the top of his head, as his face is screwed up in pain. "Nice going, Stephen!" She calls over the roof of the SUV. He makes a face at her before quickly looking around to make sure no one sees him flip the bird at her.

Lena giggles as she watches Steph make his way over to her, a small smile gracing his lips. He holds out his arm to her. Jokingly addressing her as, "M'lady?"

"My pleasure." Lena links her arm with his, and they walk down to the entrance of the steakhouse to catch up with their families. Their arms stay linked together as they stand, waiting to be seated. Steph's hands slide into his shorts pockets, as Lena's subconsciously begin to wrap around his arm. Her fingertips tap around his forearm as she makes conversation with Seth and Sydel. She doesn't notice the way he looks down at her, as some would say, lovingly.

Lovingly. In that moment, it was clear to see that he had a lot of love for Lena.

The twelve of them are then soon seated at a table with a combination of booth seats and chairs on the other side. Steph and Lena slide into the booth side of the table. Gemma and Seth grab  chairs across from them.