(𝟏𝟔) 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔.

ASSISTANCE
chapter sixteen
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

ASSISTANCEchapter sixteen ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

LENA WAS RESIGNING. In retrospect, this was indeed an incredibly idiotic, dumb, move. No one in their right mind would quit a job they dropped everything to take on, right?

She liked her job, it was well paying, and she didn't have to worry much, as her boss had certainly seen her at her worst- crying and in diapers.

It doesn't seem like there's a logical reason to quit a job like this, but the only thing Lena had in her head was the idea that her "feelings" would mess everything up for her.

When she arrived at Steph's house, it takes her a moment to collect her thoughts on his driveway before stepping out and heading to his door. She rummages around for the key he gave her, but is unable to find it, leaving her to repeatedly ring the doorbell.

"Did you forget your key again?" He grumbles, answering the door for her. Lena shrugs and steps inside his house. "I need to tell you something."

"And that is?"

"I don't think I should do this anymore."

Steph looks surprised for a second, but quickly recovers. "My God, Lena Are you serious right now?" He rubs his eyes. "You're joking, why?"

"What happened the other night-" She begins, but he cuts her off before she can continue.

"-Will never happen again." He finishes. "Is that it? Is that why you're going to quit?"

"I can't risk it." Lena mumbles. "Sorry."

"No, Lena, please. I need you." Steph admits. The brunette's head snaps up. He nods. "You've made everything ten times easier for me. What happened that night was because we were fucking drunk, no one was in their right mind. Don't get scared."

"Nothing is going to change." He says. "You gave up a lot to move here, don't drop it now."

She sighs, withdrawing her decision. "Don't let anything happen."

"Of course, not." Steph says, reaching out to shake her hand. She takes it, and they seal the deal.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

He takes her out for breakfast as an apology, even thought she insisted on cereal and milk. So, when they get to the breakfast bar, she's disappointed to find out they are out of Cap'n Crunch.

"You're such a child." Steph remarks, cutting a piece of French toast into rectangular pieces. "I can't stand you sometimes- stop pouting."