(𝟏𝟐) 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐅 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐘.

ASSISTANCE
chapter twelve
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

           STEPH HAD TO have noodles, his ex was a chef

STEPH HAD TO have noodles, his ex was a chef. If he didn't, Lena would be pretty disappointed.

She arrives at his door looking peppy, an apron draped over one arm and her purse on the other. Taking one look at Steph is enough for her to feel sorry for him. "Oh, sweetie, pick yourself up a bit, will you? Take a shower, then come downstairs. I'll fix the living room."

So Steph does as told, and heads upstairs to his bathroom for a shower, without any complaints. Lena puts down her bag and apron, cleaning up bowls left on the coffee table, folding a throw blanket, and rearranging pillows.

Once she's done, she heads to the kitchen to pull out her ingredients. A large pot, a strainer, and the pasta. It was beyond her how this man couldn't make the simplest dish. She learned how to cook pasta at ten. Maybe this is why she was subjected to babysitting at such a young age. And here she was, yet again, babysitting him.

Some things never change.

Steph comes downstairs in a fresh shirt and pair of shorts. Lena spots him, throwing an apron she found in his kitchen drawer.

"So, where do I start?"

"Well, Chef Curry, boil me some water."

Simple enough. Steph does this with ease, a pot of boiling water on the stove in no time. Lena adds in salt for flavour.

"Okay, add the pasta now." She orders him, and slowly, he places the crunchy noodles into the pot with satisfaction. "This is easy." He remarks.

"Then why did you need my help?"

"Just to jog my memory, I think I can do this on my own, now." Steph says, with confidence. Lena laughs at him. "This is my dinner, too. I don't want to get sick." He groans. "What? I'm just giving you a little bit of assistance."

"It's easy."

"Stir the noodles. I'll dice the onions." Lena orders. Steph rolls his eyes. "Actually, can we switch jobs?"

Lena whips her head around. "You said you wanted to do it on your own now, so I'm letting you." She opens his fridge. "Where are the onions and tomatoes?"

He waves his hand. "Down there, somewhere."

"So I have to find it myself?"

"That's the fun part." Steph winks.

Lena mutters something incoherent as she bends down to search for the vegetables. "I don't assume you have basil, do you?"