(𝟎𝟗) 𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔.

ASSISTANCE
chapter nine
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

ASSISTANCEchapter nine‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"YEAH, GET UP, Lena." Steph grumbles, shoving the sleeping girl in the side. "We're going to your apartment."

Lena LaBelle is curled up in the corner of Stephen Curry's living room couch with a blanket and a few throw pillows scattered around her. Her phone lay facedown on the ground, buzzing with notifications.

The brunette lazily opens her eyes, disoriented. She finally realizes where she is- and who she's been talking to.

"I like your house." She says, admiring her surroundings. "It's spacious, mansion-like. Kind of lonely."

"It wasn't always like that." Stephen replies. "Get dressed. We're moving you in."

Lena grunts. "You know, I have my car here, I have my clothes, everything I need. I think I can just go by myself. I'll be perfectly fine."

"You've never been here in your life, trust me, it's easy to get lost. I'll be with you so it won't happen." Steph defends. "I can drive your car, right?"

She reluctantly nods. "Since when did you start caring?"

"No one else is going to if I don't." He replies, heading to the kitchen. "I'm watching out for you, LaBelle. Be thankful."

"I'm thankful."

"Good. Now go get dressed." He points to a bathroom across the hall. "I'm giving you twenty minutes max."

"You sound exactly like my mom." Lena groans, trudging towards the bathroom with a backpack in hand. "Since when did you start hanging around with her?"

"Casey is a very talkative woman." Steph replies. "Shoo."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

ONCE AGAIN, THEY sit side by side in a car, this time the vehicle belonged to Lena. However, Steph is still behind the wheel, pointing out streets and where to turn. Lena had to admit, he was a pretty good tour guide, and she definitely needed this, even if she was afraid to say so.

Everything around them in this area towered above them.

"We're here." He states, hopping out of the car. Lena slowly steps out. "Shouldn't you park this in the parking garage first? Also how are you getting home?"

"Number one, rookie mistake. Get back in the car. Number two, I have Klay. Call him up, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, I've got you to worry about."