Chapter 1

Jisoo's POV

"Please turn in your assignments by Thursday." Mrs. Tan reminded the class.

"So Jisoo, wanna go out?" One of my friends Momo, asked me. "I wish I could Momo but, I have to go to the library. I have to work today." I said and grabbed my bag.

"Aw." She said with a pout on her lips before she clinged onto my arm. "When are you free though?"

I brought my finger to my chin and tapped it lightly before responding.  "I'll be free tomorrow." I said with a wink.

"Yay! Tomorrow it is then." She said and clapped. "Please tell the girls?" I said and patted her head.

"Yes ma'am!" She said and bowed to me.

"Alright then, go home now." I said and hugged her. "Bye~" She said skipped towards the exit.

I chuckled with a small smile before making sure I didn't leave anything on the table and left.

With a quiet hum to a song I listened to the other day, I made my way to the library.

I work every other day there and earn money because I want to help my mother and father.

Another reason why I work there is because, well. It's my 4th year of suffering with amnesia.

My therapist recommended me to start reading books more because it helps with boosting my memory.

Ever since then, I've been in love with books.

Although it's only been my 4th time working in the library, I already made some friends.

"Noona!" I heard a voice yell from behind, causing me to pause my humming.

I spun around and instantly smiled upon seeing my brother, Jungkook.

"Yah, no running in the hallways you little punk!" I said and took his head onto a headlock.

"Okay! Okay! Let me go!" Jungkook said and pulled away from the headlock.

"Are you on your way to the library?" He asked after rubbing his head.

"Mhm. You should probably get back home Kook. I'll see you in the house." I said and patted his head as he nodded.

"Sure, see you later noona!" He said and kissed my cheek before running off.

I smiled contently at my brother's childish behavior and walked inside the library.

Upon walking in, I saw one of my good friends silently reading a book.

"Boo."

Joy jumped in her seat, accidentally letting go off the book and snapped her head towards my direction with wide eyes.

She sighed in relief when she realized that it was just me.

"Yah, I nearly smacked your head with this hard cover book." She said.

"Hello to you to." I said wink a wink and sat up from my couching position.

"You're a little late than usual." She said and placed the book down. I replied by shaking my head.

"Well, you better start working now. Seulgi has a date." She said and smirked.

"It took her this long?" I said, making her laugh in response and walked towards the counter.

"Jisoo! Finally." Seulgi said and grabbed her bag from the chair.

"I'm-"

"You're almost late for your date? Don't worry honey, I got this." I said and stood by the counter.