Chapter 23

Jisoo's POV

"We're sorry for your loss."

Jin wasn't moving at all.

He stared at the doctor with no emotion before walk towards a seat and sitting down.

"We'll take care of everything else as Mr. Kim was part of this hospital." The doctor told me.

"Thanl you for trying." I said and nodded before sitting beside Jin.

"W-Who died?" Joy said.

"Jin's uncle." I said and started to stroke Jin's back.

Before I knew it, Jin stood up and left without hesitation.

"Jin!" Lisa called out to him.

"Let him have his time Lisa." I said and held her shoulder while watching Jin walk away.

-A week later-

"Seokjin open this door right now." I said while knocking on Jin's door continually.

Ever since Mr. Kim died, Jin changed so much.

Because Joy and Sungjae went to Jeju and Lisa joined the dance club, I was the only one who will be able to watch out for Jin.

"Kim Seokjin please, you haven't eaten for 2 days already open this door." I said.

When he wasn't answering me I sighed and placed the food I was holding by his door.

"If you're hungry, there's food by the door." I said before heading back downstairs.

I went towards the kitchen to make some tea for myself until I received a call.

It was Joy.

I quickly pressed answer and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hey Joy! How is it there in Jeju?" I said and smiled to myself.

"It looks beautiful, Sungjae took me to a beach today and we swam with my cousins."

"Awe, did they all approve of him?"

"Ne- well actually, most of them. The twins didn't like him."

"The 7 year old chipmunks? Why not?" I said and laughed.

"Sungjae being Sungjae found gummy bears in the house's cabinet and ate them."

"Let me guess, the twins found out?"

"Yep, they got their teddy bears and started hitting him with them yelling, 'Eat this!'"

"They got their fiesty side from their eldest cousin."

"Yes, I taught them well indeed."

We both laughed at her sentence until she spoke again.

"So how's Seokjin?"

"Not leaving his room nor eating any of the meals I'm making for him."

"Must be hard for him then... At least he has you."