Part 21: Fairy Godmother's Wand

The next day, exactly five minutes before noon, I walked into the Chip shop.

"Hey," Uma smiled. "I'm sorry I had to interrupt your and Harry's date. He said he'd make it up to you and told me to apologize so..."

"It's fine," I said. "Capturing Ben was obviously more important."

"Anyway, Mal should be arriving any time for Ben and I need you to serve the food," Uma said.

"Isn't there someone else who could do that?" I asked. "I want to listen to your and Mal's conversation."

Uma rolled her eyes. "Fine, I guess feeding customers isn't that important."

Suddenly, the doors swung open.

"I'm baaaack!" Mal said in a sing-song voice.

"Loser, party of one," Uma said. "Right this way please."

Uma led Mal to an empty table and Mal flipped a chair around before sitting down on it.

"Place still stinks," Mal said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. We're down a butler today, princess," Uma said sarcastically.

"Where is he?" Mal asked as Uma sat down.

"You know, I've dreamed of this," Uma said. "You wanting something from me, and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook."

"I'm so flattered that you dream of me," Mal said. "I haven't given you a thought since I left."

"Obviously. You have the perfect little life, don't you? Doesn't she have the perfect little life?" Uma asked, turning to the rest of the people in the shop who all agreed with her. "While we're twenty years in a garbage strike."

"Listen, if you have some kind of score to settle with me, game on!" Mal said. "I see no reason to bring Ben into this."

"It may be unnecessary, but ugh, it is so much fun," Uma smiled. "Here's the deal-" Uma smacked her arm on the table, hand up, elbow down, showing Mal that she wanted to arm wrestle.

"Just like your mother, always a catch," Mal said, placing her arm on the table.

They grabbed hands and adjusted for the arm wrestle.

"If you win, Ben's free to go," Uma said. "Don't you want to know what I get if I win?"

"Still dreaming," Mal smirked.

"Last time I checked, your mother thought she had all things sewn up too. How'd that work out for her again?" Uma asked.

She was trying to get into Mal's head and even I saw that.

"On three," Mal said, changing the subject. "One... two..."

"Three," Mal and Uma said in unison.

They started using their strength to try and take the other down. I walked around to get a better view of the fight.

"You know," Uma said, starting a conversation, "that whole princess act? I never bought it for a second. You can stick a tiara on a villain, but you're still a villain."

"And you can slap a pirate hat on, but you're still Shrimpy," Mal said, her eyes beginning to glow green.

Uma was failing and she could see that. Her hand was almost touching the table when she decided to distract Mal.

"If I win? You bring me the wand," Uma said.

Mal was caught off guard and Uma was able to use that against Mal and hit Mal's hand against the table. Everyone cheered.

"Now, if you want beastie-boy back, bring me Fairy Godmother's magic wand. To my ship, tomorrow at noon. Sharp," Uma said. "Oh, and if you blab? You can kiss your baby goodbye."

I almost gasped. Uma really is more evil than I thought. I mean, I know that she hates Mal but bringing Ben into this is going too far. I looked up to see Mal looking at me. Giving her an "I'm sorry" look, she walked out of the shop. After waiting a few minutes, I walked out after her. To my surprise, Mal was still standing by the doors to the shop.

"What am I going to do?" Mal asked.

"I don't know," I said. "Let's go back to the other three and maybe we can figure something out, okay?"

"Alright," Mal nodded. "Let's go."