Part 27: Cotillion

"The future, Lady Mal," Lumiere said, announcing Mal before she walked down the stairs.

"You look great," I said as Mal stood next to me.

"Thanks, Evie made it," Mal smiled.

"How are you?" Evie asked.

"I sort of feel like I'm going to throw up," Mal said.

"That's okay," Evie said. "Look, we're right here with you, okay?"

"Okay," Mal said before everyone's attention was turned to Lumiere again.

"King Benjamin," Lumiere said, announcing Ben as he appeared.

"Go get him," Evie said.

Mal nodded and went to the base of the stairs to meet Ben. Ben came down the stairs but didn't go straight towards Mal, he just waited.

"Mal, I wish I had time to explain," Ben said before he looked up the stairs to see Uma walk out.

Everybody was absolutely shocked. Well, everyone except me and Harry. I glared in Uma's direction, pure anger running through my veins for what she "had" to do to Ben and Mal. Uma smiled at everyone before she made her way down the stairs and to Ben. Ben then leaned down and kissed his ring that Uma wore around her finger.

"I'm sorry, it all happened so fast," Ben said, looking up and apologizing to Mal. "Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma... a connection."

"What are you saying?" Mal asked, sounding hurt.

"It was love," Uma exclaimed. "It was. I just realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

"We are," Ben said, smiling at Uma.

"I know!" Uma smiled.

"You are so beautiful," Ben said, clearly letting the potion speak.

"Ben," Mal said, trying to get his attention away from Uma. "Ben! You went back for her?"

"He didn't have to," Uma said. "I dove through the barrier before it closed. And I'm an excellent swimmer."

"Yes you are," Ben said, sounding completely love-struck.

"I know!" Uma said, sounding all cutesy to Ben before turning to Mal with a dark look in her eyes. "Listen, Mal, I just wanted to thank you, for everything. Thank you so much!"

"Don't you see, Mal?" Ben asked. "You were right. You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me you love me."

Anger bubbled inside of my veins and I wanted to slap the love potion out of Ben. I wanted to apologize to Mal and send Uma back to the Isle. But I couldn't do anything. So, I just stood there with Harry at my side watching the whole thing.

Mal looked like she was about to cry as Uma and Ben took the dance floor so I walked over to her.

"Not too thrilled that I risked my life for him," Carlos said.

"We're here with you, Mal," Lonnie said.

"Let's get out of here," Jay said.

"Okay," Mal said, nearly sobbing.

"Mal, I am so sorry," I said, following after the group.

"Don't apologize," Mal said. "You didn't know what she was planning."

"That's actually why I'm here," I admitted.

Ma looked at me hurt. "What?"

"Uma dragged me and Harry here against our will," I said. "Harry and I tried to go and find you guys to warn you about Uma. We found Ben but he didn't believe us. I am so sorry."

"Just leave me alone," Mal said.

Suddenly, a girl's voice rang through the crowd. "Lumiere, unveil the gift! They have to see it!"

"And now, for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece! Designed especially for his lady," Lumiere announced before a cover fell and revealed a glass mosaic of Mal and Ben.

"Ben did that?" I heard Mal ask, sounding surprised.

"Yeah, he did," Evie said.

"Evie, Ben's known who I was all along," Mal said, admiring the mosaic.

"He loves the real you, M," Evie said.

"A true love," Mal whispered.

"Told you," Carlos said.