xxiv- quidditch cup

THE GRYFFINDOR TEAM had one last practice, before turning up to breakfast

  THE GRYFFINDOR TEAM had one last practice, before turning up to breakfast. Today, they would be having a match against Ravenclaw. Their second last match, before the final one.

Jessica saw that Harry was holding one of the school's spare brooms and grimaced, "I'm sorry about the broom, Harry."

"Well, it's alright, Fred and George ride on their brooms fine, I'll get the hang of it." Harry said.

  At a quarter to eleven, the team set off for the locker rooms. The weather couldn't have been more different from their match against Hufflepuff. It was a clear, cool day with a very light breeze, and Jessica was really thankful for that.

"Wood, Davies, shake hands," Madam Hooch said briskly, and Wood shook hands with the Ravenclaw Captain, "mount your brooms . . . on my whistle . . .three — two — one —"

The commentator, Lee Jordan spoke, "Okay, okay, Gryffindor in possession, Jessica Black of Gryffindor, heading for goal . . . "

Jessica avoided the Ravenclaw chasers, as she flew past everyone, heading for the goal. She avoided a bludger coming her way. She aimed, and she scored!

The match carried on, and Gryffindor led by eighty points to zero. Jessica zoomed past the bludgers and aimed the Quaffle to the hoop aagin, but this time, she missed. She whipped around as she heard loud cheering form the stands, and saw that Harry had caught the snitch.

"Go Harry!" Jessica cheered, and thumped him on the back.

"That's my boy!" Wood kept yelling.

"Come on, everyone!" said George, fighting his way over. "Party! Gryffindor common room, now!"

"Hell yeah!" Jessica grinned.

It felt as though they had already won the Qudditch cup. Fred pulled Jessica away for a moment, "What do you say, we give a little visit to the kitchens, huh?"

"Of course," Jessica grinned,

"I'll bring the map." George said quietly from behind Fred, giving an awkward look to Jessica.

"So, do you both care to tell me why you're being so awkward?" Fred asked, as they waited for the house elves to return with all the food.

"No reason." George said, a little too quickly.

"Yeah right, I'll get it out of you." Fred narrowed his eyes at his twin.

"I'm not that innocent, Fred." George rolled his eyes.

     The final Quidditch match of the year came around. The team was practically quivering with nerves and excitement, but the same couldn't be said for Jessica Black.