Sacramento

A year Later......

I was walking in the woods when I heard a large branch snap, my head snapped around to find a large group of men walking with then holding large guns. While there were walking I took a step backwards and made a twig snap, all of them looked at me and one if them with a skeleton mask on started to walk toward me, I was so scared so I did the smartest thing a 15 year old girl could do...... run.

I ran, but not for long when I tripped over a large tree root and felt a sharp pain in my right ankle. I grabbed my ankle and and then looked up to see the masked man looking at me. I sat there in shock for a second and then began to scoot back, then the masked man said " Hey, I'm not there to hurt you " then he took his mask off to reveal his face. I was a bit shocked that he took off his mask, but I was still scared so I went for my Pistol and pointed it at him. I was shaking in fear and he could see that, so he put his hands up and said " Easy now, I'm not here to hurt you. I just want to know why you ran and why your on Government Property. " 

I was on government property ? I quickly put the gun back into the holster and said " I'm sorry, I didn't know I was on Government Property. " I was still shaking and then I felt a sharp pain in my ankle. " Shit " I said gabbing my ankle. The man looked worried and asked "What happened ?" I said " I think when I tripped over that tree root... " pointing at the tree root poking out of the ground "...I twisted my ankle ". The man's face went form worried to caring in a sense and said " Hey, let me have a look. I've twisted my ankle several times and I can tell if it is twisted or not. " I was hesitant at first but then I gave in. 

He began talking to me when he was checking my ankle. He asked " Hey kid, what's your name and how old are you, you don't have to answer the age question if you don't want to ?" and I answered my name is "Mia, Mia Scott. And I'm 15. What's your name?" and he answered " Thomas Merrick, but you can call me Merrick" "Nice to meet you Merrick, and sorry for pointing my gun at you" I said laughing nervously.  He responded with "It's alright kid, its not the first time"  laughing afterwards. He asked me "If you don't mind kid, why are you here ?". I explained what happened and how I got here and why I ran and he was very understanding, he told me he would have run to he he saw what I saw. 

He finished with my ankle and said "Sorry to say this kid, but but you really twisted your ankle bad. You might have to come back to base to get it fixed" I didn't know what to say, so I just stayed quiet "If you don't wan't to come, I understand I wouldn't want to come to a military base with a complete stranger either" "Were not strangers Merrick, I know your name." I said laughing " I'll come with you back to your base " "Ok" he said and began to help me up. He grabbed my bags and we began to walk toward his base. I was scared but I felt safe at the same time, I haven't felt safe in years. But there was something about him that made me feel calm and I didn't know what it was, but I was sure to find out