In The Dead Of Night

Blood and brains went everywhere as Syeshe chopped the undead into tiny pieces. Hisashi only killed the ones that were hiding out.

" Let's check out the gas station." Hisashi suggested, still trying to catch his breath.

" Well, this is surprising," I said, entering it, finding everything stalked up. " This place hasn't been touched." 

" Wait," Syeshe said, stopping me and Hisashi from walking forwards. " Tripwire." 

" Shit." 

" We have enough supplies. Come on." Miss Marikawa said. 

We turned back, went around the gas station, and took the road that would lead us to Miss Marikawa's apartment. 

" This will take us two hours to get there." She told us. 

" By the time we get everything loaded up and get to the docks, it will be dark then," Hisashi said. " From the way I remember anyways." 

" There are pros and cons for our night situation so we must tread carefully." Syeshe said, cleaning off the fresh blood off of the silver-colored blade of his sword. 

" Yeah." I agreed. 

That moment I changed my opinion about him. He was alright.

" There might be supplies in there." Hisashi said, pointing at an abandoned bus, rusted to shit. 

" Let's go check it out." I said. 

" Sorry guys, it's closer than I thought." Miss Marikawa said apologizing.

" It's fine. We're not mad. You just thought it was that far away." I said as Hisashi and Syeshe went into the bus, then rushed in when I heard Hisashi scream. 

There was blood everywhere. 

Hisashi had been bitten in the neck and gurgling on the floor, blood filling his mouth. 

" DAMN IT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as Hisashi stopped breathing seconds after I darted into the bus.

I left the bus as Syeshe stuck the point of his sword into Hishashi's skull before he turned. 

I seriously tried not to cry but I teared up anyway. 

In pure rage I punched a tree with all the strength I had, and heard multiple cracks as I punched it over and over again, all of the memories I shared with him flooding into my mind, and the ending one his dead body. 

" Enough!" Syeshe said, dragging my back from the tree. " Calm down!"

" Let go of me!" I yelled.

" Hurting yourself isn't the way to handle this!" 

" Damn it! I said let go of me!"

I tried my damndest to get out of Syeshe's grip but he wouldn't let go.

I broke out in tears seconds after, my body going against my wishes. 

Syeshe let go of me and I collapsed onto the ground. 

" How?" I asked through the tears.

" The undead that killed him... he was waiting for someone to come and check the vehicle out." 

" Why can't everything still be normal? Is that hard to ask?! My brother would still be alive if everything was normal." 

" I'm sorry to say, but we have to get going. We can relax and deal with this at my apartment. It's not safe out here." Miss Marikawa said lowly.

" How far is it?" 

" Um... that's it right there." She said pointing to an all-white building with dark red wooden latis covering it." 

" It's not that far. Think you can make it that far?" Syeshe asked me. 

" Just cover me. And punch the shit out of me if I do anything stupid." 

" Noted." 

Syeshe helped me up and we fought through the undead that was drawn to us.

They were everywhere. And because they were, I didn't get a chance to Burry Hisashi because they had broken in and started eating his corpse.

I will never forgive myself for that. 

Never.

~~~~~

We crept around the dead as a precaution as the area fell into darkness, finally reaching the building and rushed in, a nearby car alarm baiting the undead to where we were. 

" Think that will hold?" Miss Marikawa asked. 

" Hopefully. Let's clear the building and get the hell out of here," I whispered. " Come on." 

We found more clothes for the girls, and some for us, more medical supplies and food, then the guns that Miss Marikawa's girlfriend had in a safe as Miss Marikawa wrote a note and stuck it in her girlfriend case saying: " Hi honey, thanks for putting these guns here so I could use them. We will be taking shelter at Takashi Komuro's house. I love you!" 

" How would she know where my house is?" I asked her.

" Since I am the school nurse, I have to have printed out files on all of the students and I have those on the top safe there." 

" We need to move, there started to bloke our exit." Syeshe said. 

We rushed out an open window and took the fire escape down to the ground floor, then went through the door that brought us to a private building, winding the amphibious vehicle.

Miss Marikawa started it up and we ran over the few undead that was there, and went down the street to see a little girl crying over a dead body, then it reanimated. 

I shot him down and Syeshe got out of the truck, scooped her up and got back in as I covered him, a little puppy followed him as well and we took off, losing the slow undead in an hour. 

( Longer chapter since I haven't got to write in a few days and I haven't been feeling well.)