Living Among The Dead

I got something to eat after I cleaned up and I took action. I went to a Navy Veteran for hand to hand, and close-quarters combat, and he agreed to help me. 

" I wouldn't have accepted you if you didn't fight back against my niece

" I wouldn't have accepted you if you didn't fight back against my niece."

" It was a test?" 

He stood up. "No, she's just a spoiled brat. Hopefully you set her in her place. You will start your training tomorrow at noon. You are dismissed." 

" Sir." I said before leaving.

I went to my station for my defending shift, and saw a small box of chocolate on my set, with a small letter under it in a bloody, dirty blue envelope.

I opened the envelope and there was a small, written letter. 

" Hi there. I saw what happened yesterday and I was really happy that you stood up to Jenaveve. She's not nice. So... um... could you meet me in the park at sundown. I'd really like to get to know you." 

This was a test. I wasn't as stupid as those bitches think I am. This screamed payback. 

I tossed the chocolate thinking they were poison or something and got to work, killing a few wondering Them 800 yards out. The farthest I've ever shot.

" What's so funny?" Syeshe asked from below me. 

" I just hit an 800-yard shot without a scope." 

I looked down, not seeing anymore, noticing he had a busted lip. 

" What happened there?" 

" Saya. Apparently if I have the last piece of sweets she will hit me for taking it, then proceed to stuff it in my face, saying I'm selfish, etc." 

" Period much. God. Sorry man." 

I attached a pretty old scope to my now Hunting Rifle Bergara B-14, and took out more of Them. 

" Stupid bitches. Syeshe, get it an automatic sniper, fast!" 

I pulled the alarm, signaling the huge horde of them to everyone else, then started firing, trying to cover Jenaveve, along with there friends as much as possible, but every time I fired, one of them would get tackled my a random one and got torn to pieces. 

It was all happening so fast. Where the hell was Syeshe!

" HERE!" Syeshe said, tossing up a .30-60 Springfield, and I instantly opened fire, grazing  Jenaveve, but saving her from one of the random Them, let her safely squeeze through a small hole, one where one of the Speeders could easily get in, which happen right after Jenaveve got in, and ended up taking a chunk out of her leg, leaving her to kick in its skull with one kick before being dragged back out by another one. 

I gritted my trash as my gun stalled. I quickly whipped out my .38 Special revolver and shot the Rino three times in the head before he could continue eating Jenaveve's leg. 

She was screaming as blood sprayed everywhere from her messy stump. 

The medic's got there fast, one knocking her out as the other one did a quick hip amputation and categorization right there as the Auto Crew started on the herd.

" What the hell." I simply said, looking at her.

" They're starving. That's why there were so many."Syeshe said, taking my revolver out of my hand and placing it on the floor as I plopped down in my chair. 

" I killed one, and another one just popped up. And how the hell did they even get here?" 

" Look at me. This was her fault for going outside the perimeter. Don't you dare blame yourself." Syeshe said kneeling in front of me, holding my head away from where Jenaveve was.

" I know, but why. I thought I was a better shot than that." 

" No. Don't you dare. Look at me and listen to what I'm saying." 

My eyes fell onto my lap. I did do the best I could, but it wasn't enough. I'll get better.I have to. That was unexcept-

Syeshe's wet, chapped lips were curling and licking mine. 

He kept kissing me and kissing my until I broke it off. " I wasn't shutting down. I was thinking." 

He smiled. " Please start thinking out loud. For my sake."

" Okay." 

~

Jenaveve was kicked from the team and I was put on it along with Takashi, Rei, Saya, and Syeshe. 

We were the only ones on the team, but we didn't mind. 

We did survive by ourselves.

Now it's time to fight back.

( Hey guys, this is where I will be tying off the story for now. I will either be doing a one-shot, or a branching story involving the sequel to the story. Thank you so much for hanging in there, waiting for my to even think out what I was going to do. Again, thank you for the patience and hold on for a few more days. I've been focusing on getting my ankle better, and trying to think of what I will do next for my main story. I will be finishing The Animalistic Side on the weekend and starting another one. I will see you all in the chapters<3!)