Diverting the Dead

" What's your name?" I asked the little girl. 

" Alice Maresoto." She said through her crying. 

" Shhh. Your Dad's in a better place." I said, trying to get her to calm down, holding her close to my chest.

" I miss him! Why did the monsters have to come and eat him!?" 

" I don't know. But you need to calm down ok?" 

" Why?" She asked, looking up at me. 

" Because when your calm, you heal a little better from lose then you do when you're emotional. That's what a close friend of mine said." I told her, looking at Syeshe. 

" Guys, pick up!" Kona yelled through the radio.

" What is wrong?" Syeshe asked.

" The dead are everywhere, we had to pack up all the supplies we could and were running for our lives, where are you guys. 

" Pull in that garage, we gave to let the girls catch up with us." I told Miss Marikawa.

" Alright." She responded. 

" We just passed a sign that said Sima drive, and were sitting up in the very first house on the right. It'spale built with bricks. You cannot miss it." Syeshe said through the radio as I got out of the truck and closed the garage door.  

" These folks were definitely American, I said, clearing the kitchen, seeing the inside of their house." 

The neighborhood wasn't very big, Syeshi and I wouldn't have a problem clearing the other few houses. 

" Clear." I said after I cleared the one floor, wide house.

" We can leave the supplies we have in there Miss Marikawa," Syeshe said. " Takashi and I will bring the supplies from the other houses here." 

" Make sure you get all of the-" 

" Medical supplies. We know Miss Marikawa." I told her. 

" You two be safe." 

" Where are you going?" Alice asked. 

" We're going to gather supplies," Syeshe explained. " We will be right back." 

" No! Don't go! You will be eaten by the monsters!" She cried. 

" We have to so we can survive. We need supplies." I said, then her head turned towards me.

" OK. Just be careful." She said. 

" Promise." 

Syeshe and I left through the front door and crossed the street. The doors and the windows were locked from the inside. 

" I see three undead." Syeshe said, looking through a pretty bloody window. 

" Here. I'll break the window, and you can take them out when they come towards it." I said. 

" Sounds like a plan. Shouldn't reach any others, there is none in the area." 

I hit the window with the head of the back enough to crack it a little. I didn't hit it with enough force to shatter it all at once, fearing it might be too loud. 

Then, I taped it a couple of times with the but of the bat, letting the glass break completely and the glass hit the wooden floor, causing the undead that Syeshe saw to come limping to the door.

I went around and kicked the hardly stable front door that wasn't like that before and opened it, getting the attention of two dead that was behind it.

" Two more," I told Syeshe then whacked them with my baseball bat, knocking them off their feet then bashed one's skull in, over and over, letting my anger out as Syeshe took care of the other one. 

I was done holding back with these things. So done. 

~

A half an hour went by, and it finally felt like time was moving like it was supposed to.

We did find more supplies and we headed back to our temporary base. 

" Thoseours?" I asked. 

" Have no clue." Syeshe said.

I knocked on the door and Miss Marikawa opened up.

" We found more food, but only some band-aids, alcohol and pain killers." I told her

" That should be fine." 

" Where are you now?" Syeshi asked through the radio. 

" Almost there," Kona whispered. " Just diverting some of the dead."

" Stay safe." 

" I'll make some lunch. Miss Marikawa, can you see if you can you go ahead and set up the radio, see what we can get info wise?"

" Of course." 

" What can I do?" Alice asked. 

I bent down to her level. " I found some new clothes in a house, pick out which one you want then you can help Syeshe keep watch if you want to. And if you get scared, tell yourself that they can't get you, not while we are she to protect you."

" Okay." 

" I'll be on the roof," Syeshe said. " Can you show me how to load this thing and attach a silencer to it?" 

" Yeah. The internet's still up. If we need any help with it, we have Youtube."