Reacting To The Dead

" I think its best if I deal with them." Syeshe said looking away from the room into my eyes.

" I would help but..." I started. 

" That's why I said what I said. Can you manage to open the door, letting a few of them through at once?" 

" Yes. That's all I can handle. Rei, cover us." 

" The fuck do you think I have been doing?" She snapped, looking back at us. 

" Go ahead and crack it to let a few of them through." Syeshe said, stepping back a few feet.

I gripped the door handle and oped it slowly, and the undead children came at him like a wave.

" I can't shut it!" I shouted. " Damn thing!" 

Something in Syeshe snapped. I saw it when he was slicing up the young and older kids. And once he had stopped, he was covered in blood, heavily breathing. 

" Rei! The fuck!" I shouted at her. 

She just stood by the window, not moving.

" I'm fine," He huffed. " Right?" 

" What do you mean?" 

" I think one of them scratched me." 

" They were far away from you. You're fine, I watched them come at you." 

" Something scratched me. I felt it." 

I looked down at his leg, seeing his sword, then realizing it had a chip in it.

" You got scratched by a piece of your sword that broke off. See."I pointed to his sword. 

He started to calm down, but he didn't stay relaxed for long. 

The shattering of the window and the bloody scream of Rei filled the air, followed by Rei screaming " STOP IT DADDY!" 

On instinct I aimed my rifle and shot him, but his hand didn't let go of her throat. 

I darted over, freed her then looked back, not seeing Syeshe. 

When I turned my head back to Rei, I was welcomed with a shove, then repeatedly hit with the but of her rifle. " YOU KILLED MY DADDY!" 

I saw Syeshi out of the corner of my eye and he snuck up, knocking out Rei and letting her fall to the ground. " That bitch is insane."

" But I love her," I said as he helped me up. " How much more stuff is in there." 

" Sadly less than I thought." 

" What do you mean? There was a whole lot of stuff-" 

" I meant not open or highly covered in decaying bodies, apologies." 

" It's cool. Look after her, I'mm rummage through and see what I can find." 

I went in and got the stuff that looked fine, then saw a lot of supplies that were torn into, or just covered in blood and guts, not knowing if the package was breached or not. 

" I got as much as I could." I said stepping out, finding Syeshe picking up Rei. " Let's get back to the girls." 

" God, what the hell happened?" Kona asked. 

" She was being a psycho." Syeshe said. 

" Her Dad turned and almost killed her. I had to put him down." I explained as Syeshe handed her over to Miss Markawa to get checked out. " Sadly, we didn't find a lot of supplies. Well, not a lot of table ones I should say."

" Well, this is worrying." Takagi said as her thinking mode activated. 

" Are we going to starve?" Alice asked. 

" No, not for a few more days." Kona explained. " She's just planning for the future." 

" Oh." 

Zeke darted off without warning, luckily Alice didn't follow him. He wasn't barking, he just ran off.

He came back, dragging a gym bag. 

" What is it big brother?" Alice asked. 

I knelt down, and quickly opened it. " Holy shit." 

It was a bag full of supplies. 

" What? Holy shit!" Kona repeated. 

" How did- Where did you find this?" I asked Zeke. 

He just laid down. 

He must have smelled it and drug it back. That's the only thing I could think of. 

" Good boy." I said, scratching his head, and he replied with licking my hand. 

He saved us. I don't know how, but he did. 

" How far down the river to we have to go?" Kona asked Takagi.

" Another few miles then we will have to take this beast onto land," Takagi said looking at her map. " Then we go South, and circle around the park and we will be at the gate. That's also a few miles." 

" Alright, let's get rowing!" Alice shouted. 

" That wouldn't be right. It's almost evening. Plus we need to bath. We smell." 

" Understood Captian," Alice said saluting. " Roger that!" 

She is adorable.