Chapter I • In My Feels

Please note that this is my first fanfiction. I started my own story on Wattpad but I figure I should start with a fanfic to get my work out there first. Please tell me if I should continue writing. I know I'm not the best writer but I do have a lot of ideas.

Note: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS :)

Anyways, please enjoy this story :3

(I took inspiration from other Wattpad Fairy Tail fanfics I've read an incorporated it into this but I made the majority of this on my own.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• LUCY'S POV •

"WOOOOO! Home sweet home!" The fire dragon slayer howled, walking back to the Fairy Tail guild as we have just finished another mission.

"What was the reward for slaying the monster?" The scarlet haired mage asked, looking at me curiously as we follow the imbecile we call Natsu Dragneel.

"500,000 J! That would be enough to pay rent for 7 months!" I answered, stars obvious in my eyes. "So how are we splitting?" I continued, knowing that I should wait until I know my share of jewel.

"I say you should take 200,000, while Natsu, Gray, Wendy and I can each take 75,000," Erza replies as we continue walking. My jaw drops as I hear those words come out of her mouth.

"A-Are you sure? I mean you guys kind of did most of the work..." I mutter those last few words, feeling ashamed that I wasn't much help, and it's always true. I'm not much help during missions and I'm for sure the most useless member on Team Natsu. Wendy's a great healer and a dragon slayer. Natsu's a demon from the books of Zeref and a dragon slayer (this timelines weird - its after the whole fairy tail anime plot so far but aquarius is still alive, plus some other stuff). Gray's an ice devil slayer. And Erza's a skilled swordswoman with quick requip magic. While I on the other hand, am a celestial wizard, who is - by the way - powerless without the celestial keys (i love lucy. dont attack me ;-;).

"Yeah. You need it for rent, don't you?" Gray states as he follows behind us.

"W-Well yeah but-"

"Don't sweat it Luce. We understand," Natsu agrees, cutting me off before I could even finish my sentence.

"But you-"

"It's fine Lucy. We're all okay with it," Wendy pitches in, not allowing to finish my sentence once again.

"Okay... If you guys say so," I mumble as guilt washes over me.

We make our way towards the guild, with Happy and Carla flying of course. The sound of Gray and Natsu arguing fill the air as we near the guild hall. I can tell Erza's almost at her limit with those two, but I chose to keep my mouth shut in order to keep my life.

As we near the famous Fairy Tail guild hall, I feel an ominous presence nearby. I stop in my tracks, surprising my teammates, making them stop with me.

"Yo Luce. You okay?" The voice echoed in my head.

I ignored them as I whip my head around in every direction, trying to identify the weird aura I'm feeling. This strange presence makes my body fill with excitement, though I don't know why. I feel as if I want to find them. Scratch that. I need to find them. Everything slowed down for a moment. My sense of smell was increased at the cost of my sense of hearing. I could smell it. That aura. That presence I claim to need to find. The strange aura smelled of the ocean, yet it smelled like fresh flowers. The smell of freshly baked cake was in there as well as the smell of pine trees. These smell didn't mix together to create a weird scent, but instead I could identify every scent and single it out. That soon ended as Gray grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me vigorously.

"Lucy, what's wrong?!" He shouted, a little too loudly I may add.

"You didn't need to yell Gray, I'm right here," I retorted as I bring my hands up to my ears.

"Well sorry, but you wouldn't answer the other 50 times we called you," Gray uttered as he removed his hands from my shoulders.

"Are you alright Lucy?" Erza questioned, looking at me with worry evident on her face.

"Um... Yeah I guess," I answered with uncertainty. She nods, accepting my answer as she turns back around and continues to the guild hall. Everyone else follows her as I stand there in confusion.

I glance up to see the small blue haired dragon slayer look at me with worry. I quickly shoot her a warm smile as if to say I'm alright. She smiles back and continues to follow our teammates.

As I follow behind my fellow fairies, I keep thinking to myself. Who was that? Where are they? All these question swirl in my mind, and before I know it, we're in front of our guild hall.

• UNKNOWN POV •

I see you've joined Fairy Tail, Lucy. Good choice, but I shall soon bring you home to where you belong. To where you're family is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not that good at writing but lemme know if you want another chapter. (It won't matter though because I'm probably going to make another chapter anyway lol)