Chapter XXXIV • Lush Life

(Don't play the music in the media yet)

Previously:

• CASSANDRA'S POV •

"Yes?" I questioned the two Zodiacs who stood before me. "What is it?"

"We believe we've located the Scepter of Divinity."

Now:

"What?" I questioned as I got up from my seat. "Seriously?"

"We've found a faint power, similar to the Scepter's power," Capricorn explained. "We're not completely sure if it's the Scepter though, but the signal came a few miles away from the sacred grounds where the Summoning Ritual takes place."

"Capricorn, Libra, I want you to investigate. Take a few soldiers to accompany you," I demanded. "And inform Leo to send Queen Lucy's Leo spirit to send her the message about the Scepter."

"Right away," Libra answered as she and Capricorn left the room.

I sat down in my chair and massaged my temples. "This is trouble."

• LUCY'S POV •

We were talking with team Sabertooth until I felt a pinch of my magic drained.

I immediately look up with caution, causing everyone to be quiet and turn their gaze towards me.

Near the table, a light starts appearing in the form of a man.

I sighed as the light disappeared and left one of my spirits. "Hello, Loke."

"Why hello there Princess," Loke greeted as he kissed the back of my hand.

"As flirty as always I see," I sighed and took my hand away. "Was there something you needed?"

"Actually, I needed to tell you something," he answered with a dangerously serious tone as he pushed his glasses up. "We've received a faint signal that we believe to be the Scepter of Divinity."

"What?" I said in surprise as I stood up from my seat, everyone at the table looking at me with confusion.

"That's not all. The signal is near the sacred grounds," Loke continued.
Callista looked at Loke and I with a sense of urgency.

"Are you serious?" I questioned with concern evidently laced with my words.

"We're unsure if it is the Scepter, but the power is fairly similar," Loke explained. "You may need to return to Aecronica soon for investigation."

"It's been 3 years since it's gone missing. Why would it appear out of nowhere now?" I questioned, everyone just observing me and Loke's conversation.

"We don't know," he responded with a shrug. "Maybe because you left and returned to Earthland."

I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Tell Cass Callista and I will return after the Grand Magic Games, which ends tomorrow."

"Okay. I'll see you soon, Princess," Loke said with a wink before disappearing in a cloud of golden light and sparkles.

"Shi-" I muttered under my breath as I sat back down and grabbed my head in frustration. I've only been back for a few days and now I have to leave again.